Forbidden Foods - Unicorn Robot Party Ep 2

Posted By Birchmark 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Birchmark
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi
I have a new animation up on my Youtube channel.  This is episode 2 of Unicorn Robot Party.

https://youtu.be/IzwgKsT1q2o

Unicorn Robot Party is a fictional universe I have created and this is an animated series within that.  

This episode is called Forbidden Foods.  

Forbidden Foods was made using Crazytalk Animator 3, Inkscape, GIMP, Audacity and Adobe Premiere Pro.  
TimothyMasters
TimothyMasters
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

That was very cute.  I did have a little trouble understanding some of the words.  Perhaps you overdid the distorted robot voice a little.  Then again, my ears are 70 years old and don't work like they used to, so that's probably a good part of my problem understanding!  But very cute concept and execution.
Tim
Birchmark
Birchmark
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)

Thank you.  I'm glad you liked it.  What you said about understanding it reminds me of something important - I forgot to set up subtitles for the video (and idk how well youtube's autogenerated ones would have done).  I finished this one tired because I thought "there's not much left I need to do to finish it, I'm going to finish it today" then found things that needed to be fixed and spent pretty much the whole day and into the night finishing it and the subs completely slipped my mind by the point I was finally uploading it.  I'll have to fix that.  Thanks for the feedback.  

Also just for interest's sake, here is the tutorial I first used to get any idea how to make a robot voice (set to start straight at their finished voice): https://youtu.be/cFAHP0Y2Z-M?t=169  
It sounds cool but I think that would get a bit much after a while if every robot character talked like that (and yes, there's more robot characters coming later).  The character in this one might have been a little less roboty sounding again if I could do a deep voice and didn't pitch shift it quite as much, but I haven't yet learned how to do that (if my voice is actually capable of that anyway).  I'm actually a little concerned for when some of the non-robot characters come into it because I'm still early in learning how to do different voices well.  
Edited
2 Years Ago by Birchmark
TimothyMasters
TimothyMasters
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Yes, subtitles, as long as they don't distract too much, are great.  It's a tradeoff.
Tim
Birchmark
Birchmark
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Just realised I edited my comment after you replied so I'll reply with the edit now.  

Also just for interest's sake, here is the tutorial I first used to get any idea how to make a robot voice (set to start straight at their finished voice): https://youtu.be/cFAHP0Y2Z-M?t=169  
It sounds cool but I think that would get a bit much after a while if every robot character talked like that (and yes, there's more robot characters coming later).  The character in this one might have been a little less roboty sounding again if I could do a deep voice and didn't pitch shift it quite as much, but I haven't yet learned how to do that (if my voice is actually capable of that anyway).  I'm actually a little concerned for when some of the non-robot characters come into it because I'm still early in learning how to do different voices well.  
TimothyMasters
TimothyMasters
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for that.  As for voices, have you tried Replica Studios?  It is still a work in progress and has numerous bugs that need to be worked around.  Nonetheless, with a little fussing you can get some very impressive voices, so close to natural humans that it's hard to tell the difference for casual listeners.  If you are interested, here is a video of mine that uses Replica voices exclusively:

And here is another.  Note how easy it is to get dialects.

Tim
Birchmark
Birchmark
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Thanks.  That looks like it could be helpful.  

Reading This Topic