Snapshot of bones on timeline

Posted By Birchmark 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Birchmark
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (683 reputation)Veteran Member (683 reputation)Veteran Member (683 reputation)Veteran Member (683 reputation)Veteran Member (683 reputation)Veteran Member (683 reputation)Veteran Member (683 reputation)Veteran Member (683 reputation)Veteran Member (683 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi
Is it possible to put keyframes down for each bone in it's current position on a frame?  

I want the character to be in a particular position and I figured there would be a button to save keyframes for the current position rather than having to go in and try to move the bone just a tiny bit and get it back in the exact same spot to achieve a similar but worse result.  

One of the tutorials seemed to suggest Reset All would do it but it doesn't because it changes to a different pose.  It also doesn't keep the keyframes the same either, in that if you started the timeline with a premade animation, it might use the start of that as the pose it resets too, but if you copy that pose from the start of the animation to put elsewhere, it works then, but as soon as you delete the animation it turns into a completely different pose, almost as though the key is put in there as "reset position" instead of the actual positions.  

I thought Add Key might have done it but it appears very few bones can actually have that applied to it.  

I also have Anime Studio but I chose to use CrazyTalk Animator because the lip sync is built in and easy, and I know Anime Studio has a button like what I'm talking about.  I'll link a video that shows that being used so you can see better what I'm asking about:https://youtu.be/lSgGH1z4FtU?t=99

I assume that there would be a way to do this because it seems like a pretty basic and useful function but I can't find it, so if anyone knows can you tell me how to do this?  

To clarify, I am interested in this regardless of if it can do all of it at once or not.  I just haven't seen a way to set either a single bone or multiple bones to have a keyframe in their current position as opposed to having to move the bone to make that happen.  If each bone has to be done individually, that is fine.  I just need to find a way to do it at all.  

Thank you for your help
Edited
2 Years Ago by Birchmark

Reading This Topic