Profile Picture

End User License Agreement on produced image and video

Posted By vijaian77 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
vijaian77
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (75 reputation)New Member (75 reputation)New Member (75 reputation)New Member (75 reputation)New Member (75 reputation)New Member (75 reputation)New Member (75 reputation)New Member (75 reputation)New Member (75 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi All,
I have gone through the Reallusion EULA for Animation Tools using the link AP EULA - Reallusion. I have understood that I can display, sell and redistribute images and video produced by the software i use. Let me explain my plan of using the software. I am creating some animated content and produce a video using CTA4. I will insert the video in my Adobe Captivate project and sell my Captivate application to my clients. Do I have the ownership and user rights for the video or images which i have made out of CTA4?

Hope, someone here will assist and answer. 

Regards

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 11 hours ago
vijaian77 (1/17/2022)
Do I have the ownership and user rights for the video or images which i have made out of CTA4?

Hope, someone here will assist and answer. 

Regards 

Yes you do. Smile

This is explained in EULA as shown below.

• Reallusion grants you, a non-exclusive Royalty-Free license to display image and video output generated with the Software.
  • You may generate, sell and redistribute your images and videos created with the Software with full ownership and use-rights to the image or video.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

aonthompkin
aonthompkin
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Here is a scenario I cannot get pure clarity on. I am working with a client who is developing a game. The characters of this game need to be;
Sold
Resold
and modified from time to time by both users and the client then, potentially sold and resold again.

Seems like this is good under the EULA, just looking for an official confirmation.
Thank you!
yepkoo
yepkoo
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I don't fully understand the question, but if what you're talking about is buying and selling characters for real money in the game, I'm also curious about the answer.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/yepkoo
https://dev.epicgames.com/community/profile/bxvo/Yepkoo#learning

Edited
2 Years Ago by yepkoo
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 11 hours ago
aonthompkin (1/19/2022)
Here is a scenario I cannot get pure clarity on. I am working with a client who is developing a game. The characters of this game need to be;
Sold
Resold
and modified from time to time by both users and the client then, potentially sold and resold again.

Seems like this is good under the EULA, just looking for an official confirmation.
Thank you!

You are not permitted to sell the actual character models in any form. It is fine to have character embedded in a game but the end user should not be able to access the actual character models.

So to clarify, the proposal you make would be in breach of the EULA and not permitted sadly.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic