Posted By johnwarndt52 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Opening scene of the animation I'm making from my historical novel

Author
johnwarndt52
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
After a very long hiatus, I'm back to work on it. This represents the first one-third of the first chapter. I'm going to try and keep each installment down to about 10 minutes or so. 

Edited
2 Years Ago by johnwarndt52
Cybertiger
Cybertiger
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Hi. It is obvious you have spent a lot of time creating this book trailer. I liked how you included details from the period, such as the coke bottles and old tv set.

My criticism is that it needs tighter editing. The movements and facial expressions are long drawn and unnatural. For example,  was not as hooked with the long sequences of smoking at the very start. Wondering if by cutting this down to 3 or 4 minutes can tell the essence of the story better. If you are having difficulty getting fluid animation, perhaps just a few seconds of animation is enough to show smoking, walking, or closing the lid to a washing machine. 

What do you think?
johnwarndt52
johnwarndt52
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
That's much the same as what I was told by one of my friends. I'm not sure about reducing it to only 3 or 4 minutes as you suggest, but I'm trying to tighten it up considerably. And I'm also paying more attention to making the movements smoother. In the case of two or three of the short clips that go into it, that means starting over almost from scratch, but I figure it's better to get it right from the beginning, or nobody will ever watch the darn thing. Thanks for your critique.

Reading This Topic