Profile Picture

Help with Vive Trackers

Posted By quetzal419 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
quetzal419
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (65 reputation)New Member (65 reputation)New Member (65 reputation)New Member (65 reputation)New Member (65 reputation)New Member (65 reputation)New Member (65 reputation)New Member (65 reputation)New Member (65 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I'm trying to fully record animation in iClone 7. I have the face and hand plugins, but no fancy suit. I do have HTC Vive Trackers, though. Is there any way to connect them to iClone? If not, can anyone think of a workflow where I can record all of the animation in 1 take (even if it takes another piece of software) synced up? I can also live link into Unreal.
animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
It is currently not possible directly, but it has been requested:

See here: https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Motion-Capture-using-HTC-Vive.

What you would need is a way to record the motion and export it is an FBX file. You can then import that via 3DXchange. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

ak10120
ak10120
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
One possible way is to use Glycon3d to record the motion and then applied mocap file (fbx) to iclone.  I had installed the software in Quest2 and it works.  Recently, Glycon3d introduced iclone skeleton and this would be much easier to adopt for iclone.

Reading This Topic