Profile Picture

Why are his facial features moving incorrectly?

Posted By Birchmark 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Birchmark
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi
When I either select and drag my character or use camera pan in this scene my character's facial features don't stay on the part of the face they are meant to and if dragged far enough, even start coming off of the face.

You can see what I'm talking about here:  
https://youtu.be/REKNobRiKrw

What would be causing this and how do I fix it?  

Thank you for your help.  
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
Hi...

By default CTA uses a realistic perspective camera.

So just as in the real world when you look at at a somebody or something over to your left or right, the perspective will look different than when straight in front of you. An example of this is looking at a brick. Straight on it will appear perfectly rectangle, but over to the left or right the nearest side of the brick will appear longer than the far side.

However, if you don't like this look then you can turn it off in Project Settings (CTRL+SHIFT+P) or by pressing O. This will turn the view into a flat Orthographic view with no perspective.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
2 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
Birchmark
Birchmark
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Oh that makes sense.  

I didn't realise the camera perspective was at play here and I thought it was a bug where the facial features / parts made with sprites weren't moving at the same pace as everything else when I dragged the character around. 
I've now seen that refocusing the camera on the character again changes the face back to normal.  

Thanks

Reading This Topic