Gizmo in Iclone 7

Posted By gamingdads.gg 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Praise.png
gamingdads.gg
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I Recently bought Iclone7 and have yet to see the Gizmo tool or the resizer tool activate when I press the control + Q or the R hotkey to resize. I have the Gizmo option selected in Preference, still nothing. if anyone can assist me in making this work I will appreciate it.

ps. if anyone has the patience and would like to adopt a Newbie, please reach out.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 hours ago
Hi...

It might seem obvious but do you actually have the character or object selected when you try to use the Gizmo? If you are not sure, double click the character or object so a bounding box appears around it and then select Move, Rotate etc. (Also try toggling it on with CTRL+Q if it doesn't appear at first).

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

gamingdads.gg
gamingdads.gg
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thank  you it shows up now, but it vanishes as once I click away and it doesn't show up automatically
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 hours ago
If you have the Gizmo turned on in Preferences (CTRL+P) then it should appear every time you select a character, prop etc and choose one of the Transform tools. If you unselect a character or prop by clicking away then the Gizmo will of course disappear.

One thing I would suggest if you continue to have problems is to is to check your graphics drivers are up to date. Unusual issues like things disappearing can be down to outdated drivers so do check this.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

jeffkirkland
jeffkirkland
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
gamingdads.gg (1/12/2022)
I Recently bought Iclone7 and have yet to see the Gizmo tool or the resizer tool activate when I press the control + Q or the R hotkey to resize. I have the Gizmo option selected in Preference, still nothing. if anyone can assist me in making this work I will appreciate it.

Just a note that CTRL+Q is the shortcut for toggling the gizmo on and off so if it was set on and you hit CTR+Q you're hiding it again.

Jeff Kirkland | Director • Cinematographer • Storyteller
Hobart • Tasmania • www.one18films.com
SYSTEM: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 | 32gb RAM | RTX 3060 12gb | 1tb SSD System | 6tb HDD Storage
Edited
2 Years Ago by jeffkirkland

Reading This Topic