Profile Picture

Can't edit joint motions while viseme animations were playing in Unity

Posted By zhan5954 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Can't edit joint motions while viseme animations were playing in Unity...

Author
zhan5954
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi there,
Here's the problem I have: I wanted to modify joint motions in Unity using scripts while the viseme animations were playing, but the joints were "locked" in runtime. I only need the visemes and I don't have any joint motions for the avatar. Exporting only the facial animation didn't solve the problem, and the Animations in Unity still have the key frames of the joints. I wasn't able to edit the joints in the play mode of Unity even if I delete all joints in Animations. Is there a way to solve it? 
A screenshot of part of the joints in the Animations is attached below. Thanks in advance!

And s
orry that I posted to the Character Creator channel previously and found no place to delete it. Please let me know if I need to delete the post in the CC channel and how to do it : )

zhan5954
This post has been flagged as an answer
zhan5954
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
So this problem is solved by exporting the avatar mesh and animations using 3Dxchange and in Unity turning the animation type from humanoid (which is the default choice made by Auto Set-up for Unity) to generic. Only turning the animation type of the avatars and motions exported from iClone and CC3 to generic doesn't make any difference. When I exported, a dialog popped up saying that CC3 and iClone are recommended. Just ignore this warning if you need to implement the same feature as mine. Another thing that's worth noting is that, you'll probably need to export the avatar from CC3 first using Auto Set-up for Unity to obtain the materials. Although 3DXchange provides multiple choices for textures, it doesn't work at all on my end. The avatar is all white after imported in Unity and no materials are generated. Fortunately they use the same name for the materials so you can just copy and paste the material and texture folders from the one exported from CC3 and re-attach the materials manually. 

All in all, there are two main ways that I tested workable for exporting visemes. If you want to create facial animations TOGETHER WITH body motions and JUST PLAY these, exporting the animation clips as iMotionPlus is a good way. However, if you want to modify the joints in Unity after exporting, 3DXchange is the proper one to choose. Hope this helps and hope the reallusion team can make the exporting process cleaner in the future versions.

Edited
2 Years Ago by zhan5954

Reading This Topic