Profile Picture

Duplicate Sailboat

Posted By reg_890597 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
reg_890597
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
As a newbie using Cartoon Animator 4 on an iMac running OSX 10.13. Working my way through Cartoon Animator 4 Tutorial - Getting Started: My First Animated Project I have run into my first issue,  duplicating the sailboat. When I duplicate the sail boat as described in the video tutorial and move it's position it is linked to the original one. I can't unlink the two. Maybe I am doing something wrong, I want two independent sail boats not two linked sailboats. As a newbie to this product but with 35+ years in the IT industry any help is much appreciated and if you need any further information to help resolve this issue please just ask. 
reg_890597
reg_890597
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Issue resolved! and solution found. On further investigation and watching Cartoon Animator 4 Tutorial - Intro to UI part way through I had one of those senior moment. What if I create a duplicate of the sailboat then right mouse button click on the duplicate, moved it and select Remove Object Animation. Much to my delight the dependency between both sailboats was removed. I could then move it to any other position or leave it where it was on the stage, right mouse button click, select Action Menu, sailboat_loop and the animation is independent of the first sailboat. 

Reading This Topic