Profile Picture

Exporting character to psd reduces the quality of image

Posted By pallavi.s13 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
pallavi.s13
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Exporting the character from cta to psd editoris reducing the quality of image.  What should I do
toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Yeah, that's really annoying, but I think nothing can be done.
Had it too with older CTA content.
It has something to do with the format I guess, raster vs vector (?)...
Maybe someone else will chime in and explain more.

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
if I wanted to troubleshoot this -  I'd save an image file to tga and png   -  then see if the same degradation is happening there.

If there is no degradation,  then there is an issue with the plug in and how it's packaging the psd -   if the problem exists also on the Tga ( which is 1 better than png ) or the png -  then it's a problem in cta itself.  then i'd complain accordingly  -  it just helps if you narrow down the issue.

note - if the issue is in the plug in - then i'd check to make sure it's not happening also on imports -  same process, I'd import a png / tga then a pdf ..and compare the quality.

Edited
3 Years Ago by planetstardragon

Reading This Topic