Profile Picture

Decal on ActorBUILD

Posted By topper_131855 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
topper_131855
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (77 reputation)New Member (77 reputation)New Member (77 reputation)New Member (77 reputation)New Member (77 reputation)New Member (77 reputation)New Member (77 reputation)New Member (77 reputation)New Member (77 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Heyo,
I have the "historical figures" pack which are all ActorBUILD (so can't open in CC3). I'm trying to figure out how to add a decal to the armor of the samurai... but I can't figure it out. When I use the decal substance material (I bought the pack). It seems to go under some of the armor of the samurai (but not all of it).

What's the best way to add a decal?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 31 minutes ago
Hi...

To place a decal on the armor you can send the Base Color texture map to your selected image editor. You do this by clicking the "Launch" button on the Material tab > Texture Settings section. Once you apply the decal you can click "Save" (not Save As) in your image editor to see the change automatically reflected in iClone.

For overall changes to colors and texture you can use the Substance Material Modifier in iClone. Please see the tutorial on the page below for more.

https://actorcore.reallusion.com/color-material-variations

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic