3D Primitives

Posted By General Picture Animation 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
General Picture Animation
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Having worked with iClone ever since version 1, I think Reallusion is cheating itself by not playing up the convenience and usefulness of its 3D blocks in Props: it's really a big deal for those of us not prepared for Blender or ZBrush.

Having said that, we need more 3D blocks:
(1) Architectural elements such as trim, windows, etc.
(2) Organic (rounded) elements--can't specify more now but someone who does a lot of modeling could imagine.
(3) Asymmetrical elements.

I purchased the 2 volumes of 3D primitives from Marketplace. They're headed in the right direction but not well curated for actual usefulness. More importantly, they lack RL's great UV maps and that limits their usefulness.
I WOULS be prepared to purchase better blocks through the content store in the future, but I think they should be bundled with iC8, or available with a rebate.

Animating now to life itself --Walt Whitman 
martok2112
martok2112
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
The general reply you would get from Reallusion is that iClone is not a modeling app.
Blender is actually not very hard to learn, and there are tons of tutorials on YouTube.

The nice thing about iClone 7 (and I'm guessing iClone 8 as well) is that now you can directly import .obj files into iClone.

"Incompetence will always prevail so long as evil men stand by and do nothing."
-Martok2112

Reading This Topic