Smart Gallery losing custom content

Posted By jeffkirkland 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jeffkirkland
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone else has had an issue with the Smart Gallery losing track of custom content?

I spent a day adding content to the gallery - created a pack, and put a whole bunch of folders under Props to sort them - butwhen I loaded iClone the next morning, the content was gone. All the new folders and everything I'd added that day were no longer listed. 

After I got over that near heart attack, I found that all the new content was still there in the file explorer, just not visible within the gallery. If I try to reimport one of hte files, Smart Gallery tells me it's already there and all of the files are visible if I choose the Items view and select 'All' at the root of the gallery. I tired resyncing, and importing custom content but the gallery tells me the files are already there. I had gotten Smart Gallery to make a backup so I tried restoring that but even though it said the restore was successful, the items still don't show up. .

I tried deleting the filesand adding them back manually but Smart Gallery just tells me the files are already there and offers to make a duplicate. I guess I could live with that but I'd prefer a less clunky solution that doesn't involve me adding back dozens of files by hand. Even better would be a fast way to fix the problem if it ever happens again. 

I was really growing to like Smart Gallery until this happened.  Any thoughts or suggestions?  

Jeff Kirkland | Director • Cinematographer • Storyteller
Hobart • Tasmania • www.one18films.com
SYSTEM: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 | 32gb RAM | RTX 3060 12gb | 1tb SSD System | 6tb HDD Storage
Alvin (RL)
Alvin (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi Jeff,

Have you unchecked "Show subfolder items"? If yes, check it again and you should see your Custom contents, also please refer to Here for related usage methods.
If not, can you provide a Screenshot or make Video to let us know the situation more clearly?
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f6135cb5-6986-406b-93c2-e716.png

Alvin
Edited
3 Years Ago by Alvin (RL)
jeffkirkland
jeffkirkland
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Yes, it’s definitly not that switch. I can see the items in the file explorer and I can see them if I do items and choose "All"l  but they’re just not visible in the packs I created. I’ll see what’i can do to show it more clearly but basically, it’s like the database went back in time two days. Older items are visible but everything I added in the last two days is invisible, including new folders.

it’s late here in Australia so I’ll put something together asap. 

SYSTEM: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 | 32gb RAM | RTX 3060 12gb | 1tb SSD System | 6tb HDD Storage
jeffkirkland
jeffkirkland
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Apologies for the delay gettig this screenshot together  - it was a hectic weekend. 
Just to reiterate....

I added new content to a custom pack, loading and tweaking everything in iClone, then saving via the Smart Gallery. The next day on launching iClone, all but some of the new additions - bith items and folders - were missing from the Smart Gallery pack although they are still visible if I pick the all items view in the Gallery or look under custom props in the old Content tab. 

If I try to add that content back, even if I move it elsewhere and try to get the Gallery to import the items again, I get an error telling me the content already exists (I assume in the database).

What I'm hoping is that there is a simple way to get the Smart Gallery to rebuild it's database and/or recognize that the missing items are already in the the iClone custom props directory. The one thing I haven't tried is uninstalling Smart Gallery and adding it back but I'm not 100% sure if that would also erase the database, how well it would rebuild things when it's reinstalled, and if I'm risking it losing track of even more custom items in that process.

The screenshot below shows what Smart Gallery thinks the custom pack contains vs the actual content of the folder. As mentioned earlier, everything in that folder was saved there via the Smart Gallery itself.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b0c54437-e39c-4af7-ac8e-9309.png

Alvin (RL)
Alvin (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi jeffkirkland,

First, uninstall Smart Gallery will not cause Custom Content to be removed. But according to your description, it seems that the situation is quite special. I cannot confirm whether the reinstallation will help you.
And you can’t import to SG by dragging and selecting Link, right? It will tell you that the content already exists.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9eb2587b-7bd3-42ba-b5cd-40d5.png

Then, have you checked whether there is your content  in this default Custom folder?
If Yes, and the probelm keeps happening, I suggest you contact Technical Support for further help through the link below.
https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/36af174a-2473-479b-99d5-66f8.png

Alvin
Edited
3 Years Ago by Alvin (RL)

Reading This Topic