how to change opacity

Posted By woody173 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
woody173
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi Guys.
Hit a snag i cant seem to figure out. Im trying to morph a character into a bear. LOL Yeh I know bit wierd but if I can get it to work properly should look great in my movie.
So Ive done the morph bit from a man to a monster looking thing resembling a change to a bear and I have a bear that I can animate. 
My idea was to dissolve the man slowly by reducing the opacity  on all the elements of the character and at the same time bring up the opacity so it reveals the bear in its place.
But now i can get the bear to work ok but the man goes from being visible to not in a single frame but i want it to go slowly over 30 to 40 frames.
Any ideas what im doing wrong? Ive even tried to change the transition from linear to ease in and out on the frame with the opacity but that didnt do anything either.
The slider on the opacity is working as it should but the character still just blinks from visible to invisible in a frame

Can anyone please give me some advice.

Many thanks
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
The easiest and fast way is to switch all the texture to PBR or Traditional to get a smooth fade out.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6958c321-ca0b-4655-b349-987e.jpg
woody173
woody173
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Thank you so much worked like a charm.
But it still doesnt look quiet right. But now the opacity is solved i think the problem is when i morph the character I needed it to morph to make him bigger (roughly the same height as a bear).
When i do that using the morph editor it says i cant do it because it throws out all the meshes which is does. So is there a way to solve this morph problem?
I have been looking into either Maya or blender to do the morph but Maya is expensive just to find it doesnt work and I havent used Blender in an age so I would have to learn to do it again.
Either program i dont mind trying if I can get it to work.
May be out of the pervue of this post
Thanks
woody173
woody173
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I am trying to morph a character into a bear (mmmmm). The problem I have is when i morph the character I needed it to morph to make him bigger (roughly the same height as a bear).
I have a working morph and tried to fade it out using opacity and fading in the bear in its stead
When i do that using the morph editor it says i cant do it because it throws out all the meshes which is does. So is there a way to solve this morph problem?
I have been looking into either Maya or blender to do the morph but Maya is expensive just to find it doesnt work and I havent used Blender in an age so I would have to learn to do it again.
Either program i dont mind trying if I can get it to work.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Reading This Topic