Take Recorder Headache

Posted By tomelissaconway 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
tomelissaconway
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
I've read and watched literally everything I could find on Take Recorder (including in this forum), but no matter what I do, I cannot get it to record my CC3 character's (body) motion. The live link works, character moves as expected, but upon playback there's just...nothing there. Below are my notes. If anyone can spot what I'm doing wrong, or has a tip that I might not be aware of, I'd really appreciate an assist! Thanks. (UE4.27)

Enable the Take Recorder plugin

Click Cinematics in the main menu and create a Level Sequence 

Go to Window, Cinematics, Take Recorder

In the Take Recorder toolbar, down-click the clapboard icon (Open Sequence to Record Into) and choose the sequence you created

Click the gear icon to view settings

In the Slate, rename the take (default is Scene_1) if you like, and choose your fps

Click the +Source button and choose From Live Link (link must be active to see this option’s choices) and choose your character

Tick the box for Record to Possessable and untick the boxes for Remove Redundant Tracks and Reduce Keys

Click the red record button and when the countdown gets to 0, click play in iClone

When animation is finished, click Stop on the Take Recorder popup

Edited
3 Years Ago by tomelissaconway
Bassline303
Bassline303
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

You don't need to create a level sequence for recording, maybe this here helps :
Don't choose from Live Link , better use from Actor (from Live Link is only for recording special parts like only body or only facials)

Edited
3 Years Ago by Bassline303
tomelissaconway
tomelissaconway
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Thanks for responding! I got so frustrated I moved on to a different project (no less frustrating as it's modeling in Blender, heh) and completely forgot I posted this. LOL I'll revisit when the model is done (if ever hahaha).

Reading This Topic