Profile Picture

Lip sync stops after Edit

Posted By tipton 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
tipton
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (208 reputation)Junior Member (208 reputation)Junior Member (208 reputation)Junior Member (208 reputation)Junior Member (208 reputation)Junior Member (208 reputation)Junior Member (208 reputation)Junior Member (208 reputation)Junior Member (208 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I have a good Morph animation, with eh lip sync working, but when i go to change the teeth, lip sync has stopped, even though the track is there, and I can see the various mouth shapes in the time line, but the actual characters mouth has stopped moving?
In composer mode, I can change the teeth. my only option seems to start again from scratch. which is quite a lot of work to redo.

Any steps to be able to make changes, and re-apply the audio?

Regards
Geoff
tipton
tipton
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (208 reputation)Junior Member (208 reputation)Junior Member (208 reputation)Junior Member (208 reputation)Junior Member (208 reputation)Junior Member (208 reputation)Junior Member (208 reputation)Junior Member (208 reputation)Junior Member (208 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I found that if I delete the audio and re-apply it, the synch will regen and fix the issue. I am just surprised this is not automatic after a change.
Macdonut
Macdonut
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Months Ago
I've found this really annoying too. Especially if you've spent ages manually changing the mouth shapes.
blgiofreda
blgiofreda
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
What is the answer?
Does anyone answer questions or do these questions disappear into the ether?
I wish they would just post a trouble shooting manual.
I have reset sprites, deleted keyframes and set head to default key and no luck.
if its a sprite character sometimes doing a release just prior to where sound doesn't work fixes it, but this is a morph character.
Macdonut
Macdonut
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

tipton (10/10/2021)
I found that if I delete the audio and re-apply it, the synch will regen and fix the issue. I am just surprised this is not automatic after a change.

Tipton, this is only a partial solution as if you have done any manually lipsync editing, resyncing with the soundtrack would wipe out all these edits.
Edited
2 Years Ago by Macdonut
Macdonut
Macdonut
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

blgiofreda (12/27/2021)
What is the answer?
Does anyone answer questions or do these questions disappear into the ether?
I wish they would just post a trouble shooting manual.
I have reset sprites, deleted keyframes and set head to default key and no luck.
if its a sprite character sometimes doing a release just prior to where sound doesn't work fixes it, but this is a morph character.

TBH, this is just one of the many little idiosyncrasies of Cartoon Animator which keeps pushing me back to using MOHO. I absolutely love Cartoon Animator, but every time I come back to using it, I find that if I go beyond the very basics, and I mean very basics, I end up hitting my head on a brick wall with one problem or another. It is a real shame that there seems to be so many basic little bugs in a program which should really be leading the field, but unless these bugs are fixed then this is one 2d animation package which is going to disappear into obscurity. Do I sound disgruntled? You bet! Sad

Reading This Topic