Need Help with Bullet Switcher

Posted By Incadude 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
General.png
Incadude
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (316 reputation)Senior Member (316 reputation)Senior Member (316 reputation)Senior Member (316 reputation)Senior Member (316 reputation)Senior Member (316 reputation)Senior Member (316 reputation)Senior Member (316 reputation)Senior Member (316 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
When using vehicle in motion with the Bullet Switch, there seems to be no way to render that into a video, reason being after the action is finished it resets itself removing all activity one just had previously created.
Can anyone help with the please Reallusion seems quick to take the ,but offer little or no support.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 9 hours ago
Hi...

All you need to do is make sure you have "Rigid Body Simulation" turned ON on the top toolbar, then record your bullet physics animation, when happy with the results just turn OFF "Rigid Body Simulation". This will bake the animation to the timeline where you can play it back and render to video.

Regarding the comment that "Reallusion seems quick to take the ,but offer little or no support", can you explain more about this. We have a dedicated support service who will ALWAYS reply and do their best to resolve any issues you may be having. Have you perhaps had a bad experience with support which has made you feel this way?

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Incadude
Incadude
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (316 reputation)Senior Member (316 reputation)Senior Member (316 reputation)Senior Member (316 reputation)Senior Member (316 reputation)Senior Member (316 reputation)Senior Member (316 reputation)Senior Member (316 reputation)Senior Member (316 reputation)

Thank you Peter I feel like a complete dweeb.
Thanks again for your help. That work great.
Regards
Chris C.

Incadude
Incadude
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hi Peter ,it was late last night and did not get a chance to complete my response to you.
Getting support seems very difficult to obtain. Generally I have found Forums to be both confusing and difficult to access, for a specific topic.
I was not aware that this Form was monitored by someone like yourself and I did not find your Forum easily.
I did eventually create a ticket and will see how long it actually takes your support people to provide an answer. This is what I sent them to give them to access to a short 1 minute video. https://visualinca.net/iclone-support-request.html. I  created, and was trying to make it easy for them to review my problem.
Is this place here generally a good place to ask questions and make suggestions?
Once again thank you for your rapid response. Regards Chris C. (Incadude)
Edited
3 Years Ago by Incadude
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Hi Chris

Thank you for the feedback.

I do understand that the forum can be confusing because we have many different products and plug-ins which all have their own forums. However, iClone > General (where you posted this topic) is the best place to post for iClone related questions so if in doubt post here.

Generally Support should be contacted for more serious technical issues, purchase problems etc. For "How do I" type questions the forum is the best way to get help as we have a great community who are very experienced and always willing to help when they can. You can always try the forum first and then go to Support if you can't get an issue resolved. Also for bugs, glitches and more minor issues you can use the Feedback Tracker. The tracker is monitored directly by the relevant product teams and you will get feedback from the team there when applicable.

To use the Feedback Tracker, please click the link below.

For the issue shown in the video it seems the question was resolved by my previous reply but if you have further questions please feel free to ask here on the forum.

And you may have noticed that your first few posts had to be approved before they appeared on the forum. However, you are now free to post on the forum without needing approval. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
3 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
Incadude
Incadude
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Once again I thank you., I will be using this Forum hence forth. Much Appreciated. Thank you.
Edited
3 Years Ago by Incadude
Incadude
Incadude
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Please see https://visualinca.net/iclone-support-request.html
Explained below:-

Hi Guys;
I am still running into problems.... I am just not sure what I am doing wrong!
I am hoping you can help. In this illustration, I am showing how the right rear wheel of this Minibus asset, goes all screwy!... Why does this happen?
 I have tried different assets that I have purchased, and they almost all do it, but not all the time.
In this example I am running a pretty hefty and complex set. My computer has 64 Gigs of Ram and 8 Gigs of video for the GPU system. As a side issue. Microsoft's Windows 10, keeps trying to steal GPU processing power, for their operating system. I have managed to curb that to some degree however.
Sorry, I digress, Steering is somewhat tricky and the control is sluggish, as illustrated here.
Your help would be much appreciated.!
Thank you!
Regards 
Incadude
Edited
3 Years Ago by Incadude
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Chris

I tried a similar setup with the Minibus and didn't encounter any issues with the rear wheels.

Please try the following to see if it makes a difference:

1. Switch to "Quick Mode" when recording your animation. You can do this from the dropdown on the top toolbar.
2. Try recording the animation in "By Frame" mode rather than "Realtime" mode. You can find this option under the Play Bar.
3. If you still have problems, try switching out your terrain for the "Infinite Plane" and see if the issue still occurs. You can find this in Content Manager > Set > Physics Props

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Incadude
Incadude
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Sorry, I can not find quick mode. Where is it on the tool bar?
Chris
Incadude
Incadude
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Found it thanks

Reading This Topic