Profile Picture

Howd do I get iClone to play back my mocap at the correct speed?

Posted By bentway23 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Howd do I get iClone to play back my mocap at the correct speed?

Author
bentway23
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I'm exporting a motion clip from Motionbuilder at my project's target frame rate of 23.976 fps. I import it to 3DXchange, where it appears to be reading it at 60 fps (in spite of my samples/second import setting being 24 fps (since it can only handle integers). When I do "apply to iClone", it also appears to export it at 60 fps--but iClone isn't playing it at the correct speed, it's slowing it down dramatically. I have not found a way to change the frame rate in either iClone or 3DXchange, and speeding up the mocap clip in iClone by 250% (60 fps/24 fps) makes it too fast, like a poorly-cranked old movie camera.

I know the export frame rate can be adjusted, but that doesn't help during the animation phase.

How can I get my mocap to be read in, and then played, at the correct frame rate?

Addendum:
I think I found it. The time unit needs to be set as "time" instead of "frame" (not the button below the viewport, but in the project settings). That seems to do it. (If I'm deeply mistaken, please reply/comment!)
Edited
3 Years Ago by bentway23

Reading This Topic