An almost certain bug, and a how-to question

Posted By TimothyMasters 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
TimothyMasters
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I've been playing with Replica for several hours now, and so far I see potential but a lot of issues that need working out.  I just blew through 6 minutes of time doing nothing but dealing with severe enunciation problems in its speech.  They aren't kidding when they warn that editing things like pitch or speed can cause distortion.  Wow, for all practical purposes most such edits are worthless due to the severe distortion introduced.  But anyhow:

1) When I insert silence, the rest of the line speeds up, as if it's trying to keep the total time constant and it has to make up for the silence by making everything else faster.  Even worse, if I then delete the silence, the line is still spoken much too fast.  The only way to fix it is to exit the program and restart it.  Is anyone else experiencing this?  It's with the actor JACK.

2) How do I delete takes that I don't want?  They seem to be permanent fixtures in the scene; once taken they are forever, even if I replace them with a better take.  (I use project/scene, not sandbox, because I want a permanent record of my work.)

Thanks!

Reading This Topic