Considering Replica Studios

Posted By TimothyMasters 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
TimothyMasters
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I am intrigued by Replica Studios, because I'm tired of dealing with Fiver.  However, I am disappointed to see that this forum is pretty much dead; the most recent post is a month ago or so.  Is anyone out there still using Replica?  I get the impression that the most experienced iClone users jumped in early and then stopped using it.  Am I wrong?  So, I'd like an opinion.  Is it worthwhile going through the installation process and the learning curve?  Is anyone out there having really good results with it?  Or is it just a gimmic, with potential but not ready for prime-time yet?
toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Surely go for it!
And get those free 4 hours, offered here:
https://www.reallusion.com/iclone/ai-voice-replica/
Scroll down to bottom "iClone 7 Users REDEEM NOW"
It's not perfect but Replica is still evolving and definitely not dead.
No matter how often you use it, it's a great tool to have...
No steep learning curve!

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

wires
wires
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I agree that it's not perfect, and that it is still evolving with potential. You get 30 mins free just for joining, and an added 4 hours extra through Reallusion. I had no issues installing the plugin and Replica software.

There isn't really a learning curve, watch the RL video and scroll through the help notices on the site to get up and running quickly. They're still building their voice collection, and while I find that quite a lot of the available voices are more suited for gaming environment some can be applied to "normal" dialog with a little tweaking.

It has the great advantage, IMHO, of adding the voice, text and visemes directly in iClone for instant preview and use. 

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

TimothyMasters
TimothyMasters
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I see that it's unanimous, so I'll give it a try.  My one quibble is their pricing model.  On the surface it seems really cheap.  But after perusing their forum I see that they don't charge for just what you use; audition/tweaking time is charged as well.  I could see blowing through four hours just investigating the voices and figuring out tweaking tricks.  Considering that I'm just a 70-year-old hobbiest making videos for my grandkids, that can get kind of pricey.  But I'll see how it goes.  Thanks!
animagic
animagic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
I used it for the first two of my AccuLips contest entries and was quite pleased with it:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic