Profile Picture

Is it possible to save an exact location for a character for them to go back to that spot after...

Posted By waleshire 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Is it possible to save an exact location for a character for them to...

Author
waleshire
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I'm trying to create an interactive program that allows a user to make a selection, then the character acts, based on that selection. At the end of all reactions, they go back to a looped screen. I'd like the character to be in the exact location so that it will appear that the character is just responding, instead of looking like it is two different clips. 

Any ideas on how to make sure that specific location is easily reapplied to the character?

etourist
etourist
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
It's not really possible to do what you want without a little bit of jumping through hoops.

I'd have the character start the scene in the same position/pose you want them to be at the end of the scene. I'd then collect a few frames of that pose into a motion clip and save it. Then when you finish the scene you can apply the motion clip from the start (making sure the X,Y,Z coordinates of the character match with the start of the scene). That should do it in theory.

- TET
Animation and Video Life
The Lazy Animator - Tutorials for Cartoon Animator

Reading This Topic