Another Purchase Question

Posted By Smart Ears 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Smart Ears
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I have another purchase question - or rather several!
1. With the iClone 7 pipeline version -- are there remade characters just like for CA4? 
2. How difficult is it to make custom characters, backgrounds and props? I am familiar with some other 3D programs but I was wondering if iClone was easier in terms of creating props and backgrounds as well as characters.
3. I use CA 4 on a Mac, but will be purchasing iClone 7 to use in a windows machine. I'm assuming it still does not work using something like parallels on a Mac. If I want to transfer a motion I create in iClone, can it be transferred/imported to CA4 on my Mac? 
4. For someone learning to use iClone - what would be the average time to create a simple animation with two characters  and a dialogue? Especially if I use remade characters?

I am trying to make educational materials and I have used CA4 for quite a while - but am thinking of jumping into 3D - I like the way the characters look much better!
Thanks for the advice in advance!
Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 minute ago
I will try and answer your questions.

1. If you mean premade characters, than yes. I used to only buy characters, but once the Headshot plug-in came out, I haven't bought one since.

2. Is kind of a vague question, and depending on your graphics, video skills, you can purchase content and / or make it and get up to speed quickly. How good it is will vary. If you have more money, than purchase content, else make it if you have the time and ability.

My first video took me about a month, and after people told me I didn't have any motions in the dialogue, so I learned something.

3. Can't help you with anything Mac, unless it is a good recipe for with cheese I have one.

4. As for average time, that is like asking how long does it take to run a mile?

This video took 6 weeks for 19 minutes, and I had some of the animation already I mixed in.

My current project I have been (not) working on (much) for six weeks, and it is 30 seconds for the Lip Sync contest.
Animating 6 or 8 people in 30 seconds is harder than it sounds.

The First Time I Bought Condoms
I bought this scene and modified it, I need to finish this project it's funny I think.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3af68de9-b570-4075-adc9-9c43.png

In summary it comes down to how much time and effort you put into it.

Creator of the free website:
PixelDatabase.Net
A Free Online Text Based Image Editor
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6e6663e2-0ecf-447a-ab3d-d49d.png

Smart Ears
Smart Ears
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thank you so much!! 
I see so much about character creator add on that I didn’t know if you absolutely needed that to create characters. 
Thanks again!

mark
mark
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
CC is where the avatar's are modified, clothed and changed in pretty much any and every way. iClone is where those avatar's are animated and scenes are created for them to interact in...

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Reading This Topic