.MP4?

Posted By ApplebiteMedia 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
ApplebiteMedia
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
So I decided to try popVideo and got a copy yesterday.  The masking feature intrigued me.  LOL.

So... I have all these videos I exported from iClone and my real video editor... but they are all .mp4 files.  popVideo will not read them.  YIKES!

I have just written support to see if there are .mp4 codecs for this or if there are plans to add them. Maybe someone here can answer this faster.  I'm looking as converting all the video I have, mask it, export it then import into my other video editor to export again as .mp4.  I will assume that since it will not import .mp4 that it also will not export .mp4.  I don't have a video to play with this program yet.  I will have to make one LOL.

Thanks in advance.

Graphic Design, PHP Programming, More - Applebite Media
(www.applebitemedia.com)

Edited
3 Years Ago by michelle_446559
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Hi Michelle

In iClone you can export straight to popVideo format with a transparent background. You don't need popVideo Converter to do this. Just go to Render > Render Video and change the dropdown to popVideo.

popVideo Converter is primarily used to convert 3rd party green or blue screen videos for use in iClone 7 or Cartoon Animator 4. You will normally find .MP4 video isn't accepted unless you install a codec pack like K-Lite. I personally don't like installing codec packs on my system so I convert the MP4 video to either .WMV or AVI which should work fine in popVideo Converter.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

ApplebiteMedia
ApplebiteMedia
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Thanks Peter.... I get that .mp4 is compressed and that importing that format would not give the clarity as an uncompressed .avi file for editing.  However if exporting a final video having a highly compressed file for online viewing is a must.  So no matter what, I would need to take this from pop, into vegas (or other editor or converter) to convert to .mp4.   I was hoping that the masking was better than what I have but so far, and granted I just bought this so maybe I am not doing things properly.... but it does not do a better job removing the green screen.  I still have issues with hair.

Although you did say one thing that will probably make me keep this program.....  Exporting from iclone with transparencies.   That alone might be worth the 15.00 for this program.  Yes, I know it is not 15.00 however it came with a visual effect package worth 69.00 which I would have kept... with the discount I paid 84.00 for both so.... the difference would have been 15.00.  It's my little way of justifying purchases I don't really need LMAO!. 

So this will work with CA4? and I do not have to look at mobi or what ever it's called?    I have not tried the new features yet so unclear on how all that works.  I missed the webinar.  I know .mov files have transparent backgrounds and was thinking that the layers get exported in that format.  One person and 12 things going on at once HAHAHA! 

Graphic Design, PHP Programming, More - Applebite Media
(www.applebitemedia.com)

Am7add9
Am7add9
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
im pretty sure iclone can export popvideo alone, dont know dont use popvideo
also there in png sequence export for transparency

Reading This Topic