Profile Picture

Multiple Views

Posted By joe.bender 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
joe.bender
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (138 reputation)Junior Member (138 reputation)Junior Member (138 reputation)Junior Member (138 reputation)Junior Member (138 reputation)Junior Member (138 reputation)Junior Member (138 reputation)Junior Member (138 reputation)Junior Member (138 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I use Zbrush and Maya for creating characters and Character Creator 3/Headshot have both been incredible help with speed. What can really help speed the workflow up for not just me, but for others would be to have an option to have multiple views similar to Maya. This way when modeling a face using headshot, we wouldn't have to rotate the character countless times. Not to mention this can help greatly with likeness sculpts.
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
You mean something like this?

Issue 301:  Multiple viewports to aid in positioning items - 3 orthographic, 1 free-form

It has 14 votes, but don't get your hopes up.  I wrote it back in April 2016.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

0oseven
0oseven
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
joe.bender (8/16/2021)
I use Zbrush and Maya for creating characters and Character Creator 3/Headshot have both been incredible help with speed. What can really help speed the workflow up for not just me, but for others would be to have an option to have multiple views similar to Maya. This way when modeling a face using headshot, we wouldn't have to rotate the character countless times. Not to mention this can help greatly with likeness sculpts.

I don't know of any  other 3d program  that doesn't have it !!  Also  views need to be active meaning all tools work in the selected view . So we are not just talking about having  multiple views.
The current "Mini Viewport"  doesnt even render the same as the main view and fact it is/can be floating or closed is really not the  best.
My experience with multiple views is that
make a pane active - use any tool in it, and double click on it enlarge to full screen and back again as required. Switching is fast and efficient !!   

Reading This Topic