Profile Picture

iClone fails to conform CC3 cloth correctly.

Posted By BlueyCreative 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
BlueyCreative
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
See my attached image. In CC3 I create the cloth, conform, smooth and then use the hide body mesh tool to make sure every movement will not show any underlying mesh. All good in CC3. Once the character is loaded into iClone it's a whole new issue. Hide inner mesh does nothing, the hide body mesh from CC3 is totally ignored. Conform fixed a frame or two but then the entire mesh pokes through in the chest area. Increasing the size under conform just makes the shirt look horrible. No setting I try make a difference.

Even on a static mesh in iClone I cannot prevent the poke through. Here I saved the pose from iClone in to CC3 and it shows perfect as expected.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/44e428b7-9a85-44f4-ad9e-5337.png

Can anyone help me figure out what is going on. I'm almost ready to abandon iClone all together after all these years and move my entire process to Blender.

Bluey Creative in the Marketplace

michaelrbarton
michaelrbarton
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
What I do to fix the mesh, is to use edit mesh and sculpt in CC3. I use the poses on my character to see wear the mesh pokes through. Then I use edit mesh to pull 
the clothes away from the mesh. When you use conform, it makes all of the clothes big. But when you fix the poke through using the edit mesh sculpt, you only make
that part of the clothes big and not the entire shirt or pants.
BlueyCreative
BlueyCreative
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

yep thats how i do it except iclone ignores everything you do in cc3 and converts it as above. You can see the exact pose taken from iclone and applied to the mesh in cc3 and there are no issues until it hits iclone.

4u2ges
This post has been flagged as an answer
4u2ges
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Hide mesh is buggy. There are 2 ways to hide the mesh (manually in Mesh Edit/Hide Body Mesh and via automated routine in Cloth Layer Settings) and it does conflict when character is sent to iClone.

I stopped using Automated Hide Mesh Tool because of that.

So you need to clear the mess in CC first:

Go to Conform and click Reset to Default at the bottom.
Go to Cloth Layer Settings and click Reset Content Settings.

Now you would only have mesh which you hid manually. I'd recommend at this point Show All and start hiding the mesh over using Hide Body Mesh.

Edited
3 Years Ago by 4u2ges
michaelrbarton
michaelrbarton
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
I don't use hide mesh. I use edit mesh sculpt mode to make the pants or shirt bigger in part wear skin shows. I use several poses until no skin mesh shows in lower and upper. Then I send selected clothes to iClone. That works for me. And then when I do use conform, I use less than .20. Before I used to conform clothes to .40 and higher. That rarely happens now.

BlueyCreative
BlueyCreative
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

4u2ges (7/29/2021)
Hide mesh is buggy. There are 2 ways to hide the mesh (manually in Mesh Edit/Hide Body Mesh and via automated routine in Cloth Layer Settings) and it does conflict when character is sent to iClone.

I stopped using Automated Hide Mesh Tool because of that.

So you need to clear the mess in CC first:

Go to Conform and click Reset to Default at the bottom.
Go to Cloth Layer Settings and click Reset Content Settings.

Now you would only have mesh which you hid manually. I'd recommend at this point Show All and start hiding the mesh over using Hide Body Mesh.

Thank you so much. You have just helped me fix all of my characters!!!!!

Reading This Topic