Profile Picture

Are hands with fewer/addiitional fingers possible?

Posted By phuhque 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
phuhque
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Is there a way to create hand structures with 3, 4, or 6 fingers?  The object is to create a skeleton with two thumb appendages with the same motion capability as a humans.  I am attempting to create 3d models to represent characters in a Sci-Fi book series I am writing which includes aliens with non human anatomical features.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 41 minutes ago
Yes, it can be done.  For example, Daz figures with fewer fingers can translate well into CC3 (in those cases what happens usually is that one finger, the little one mostly, is just not used.  Bones not used, that is).

If I were doing that that would be the model I'd use, a Daz figure with fewer fingers (additional fingers COULD be done, but not easily manipulated - which is to say you can always add bones to a figure, like a tail or some such, but then to animate you need to do it manually).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
tripfreak
tripfreak
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)

"Give me 6, Buddy!"
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d49db13a-0b44-4abc-bff4-8a9c.png

The User "Dat-Ferkel" generated this Guy (called "6-Finger-Joe") a few years ago from a Gen3 Male.
As you can see in the picture above he introduced new arms with an additional finger that is probably coupled to the Pinky.
When imported as Cloth this finger is fully functional:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/58f3635e-1df4-46be-9e2c-bf62.jpg

On the contrary, the "Ultimate Shapes" Set von Dario Fish has very interesting morphs:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c8d2babe-4298-4ee1-ba1c-8827.png

for Aliens or other "Victims" that could also be imported in CC3:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7bc773dd-6b32-4738-a9c1-0938.png
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c97a1324-5219-40bf-a355-2b16.png

--------------------------------------------------

phuhque
phuhque
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)

Got any suggestions on which skeleton can be used in Daz?  I spent 6 hours today creating just the hand inside Blender only to find out there aren't any skeletons to put it on.  I purchased the Complete 3D Character Design and it is anything but complete.  I have managed to find all kinds of things it can't do though.  Like actually customize a project.  There are better options and add-ons for Skyrim than what I have seen available here.  Does anyone know if there are additional add-ons that can make the application close to a 'complete' package?
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 41 minutes ago
I'm not sure who you are talking to, but in the above post by Tripfreak he gives you what I would consider the ultimate solution for CC3, buying the Daz HFS Ultimate shapes.  Any of these can be put onto a Daz Gen 8 male, and then imported into CC3 (at which point you can easily create a CC3 morph for it).

I have a few tutorials on that process but it's dead simple - and then by creating your own set of morphs you can make whatever you want inside of CC3.  As to whether those should all be included or not... it's hard to define what "complete" is.  Even that HFS "Ultimate" shapes bundle could be added to.  There's almost no end to the variety of morphs that could be applied to a character (and then, of course, you can further modify the character using Blender and reimport back into CC3 - that's a rabbit hole I never want to fall down).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic