Profile Picture

How do I export expressions (face morphs), but not bone animation, from CC3 to UE4?

Posted By bentway23 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

How do I export expressions (face morphs), but not bone animation,...

Author
bentway23
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I'm trying to apply some Expressions created in CC3 to my character (originally also from CC3) in UE4. The morph targets work, the expression shows up--but it also locks the body in A-Pose and kills all other animation. How can I import the morph information ONLY and then apply it (in sequencer) to a character animated by other mocap cilps?
Bassline303
Bassline303
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
untick "import bone tracks" so only the morph targets will be imported.
Works best when using the Arkit morphs in IClone ( mouth open as morph)  so the jaw and eyes are not boned controlled  !
Jeasy
Jeasy
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
This is really timely @Bassline303. FOr my Virtual Production project, I've got all the animation sequences into UE4 and set up shots etc, now to bring the facial expressions and lip sync and was wondering how to do that without having to redo the animation all over again. 

Is it possible to have a Tutorial Video to just import facial animation into UE4 and applying it to the characters already animated on the sequencer, please?

I have another thing I desperately need help with and that is I have no idea how to go about creating the tattoos don't the character animated for glowing. The characters have tattoos on the back and arms and chest and I need them to glow. And there is also another shot where one of the characters transforms into a Bear. I have the Bear, I have the character, I don't know how I can go about doing the morphing in Unreal Engine 4. Can you help Buddy, please?

Reading This Topic