Profile Picture

Cartoon Character Designer - Toon Figures

Posted By latonya0311 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
latonya0311
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hello,
I recently purchased the Cartoon Character Designer-toon figures pack.  I'm able to morph the character's features and pose them. However, I'm not able to change the character's skin color.  I see lots of info on how to do this on the base figure for Character 3 but not for the Cartoon pack, which has a different set of tools/menus.  Also would love to know if there are any classes/tutors I can hire to learn how to use the Cartoon Character packs?  I just want to learn how to create still  characters for pictures..no animation.  Thank you!  Please let me know if  I need to purchase a plugin or tool to change the skin  color of  figure from the Cartoon Character Design pack?
Thanks again to any and all who take the time to respond.
Trender 3D
This post has been flagged as an answer
Trender 3D
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (957 reputation)Veteran Member (957 reputation)Veteran Member (957 reputation)Veteran Member (957 reputation)Veteran Member (957 reputation)Veteran Member (957 reputation)Veteran Member (957 reputation)Veteran Member (957 reputation)Veteran Member (957 reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
It will be the same for all characters - Real, styled and toons.

So, there are a number of ways of doing this:
The quickest way is to edit the colour is by messing around with the Brightness and Saturation tabs in your Characters material settings to change the skin tone from dark to light or vice versa.

Select you character and go to the Modify window and select the materials tab. Scroll down to the 4 skin textures - there is one for the face, body, arms and legs. You need to select them all to ensure that they all end up the same colour. Once you've done this click on the Base color map. When you click it, the adjust colour tab open. This is where you can make the necessary adjustments to get the skin tone you want.

OCalvin does a Youtube tutorial showing all of these steps in more detai:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZMetytBnwA

Alternatively, if you want a more accurate result you could manually edit these skin diffuse maps in Photoshop or some other photo editing software. I use Sketchbook, which is free.

If that is too much work for you and you have the budget, you could purchase this CC3 Toon bundle, which included 12 charactesr with various skin colours. Depending on the shape of your character you could simply replace the skin textures with the ones from this pack....

https://marketplace.reallusion.com/cc3-toon-bundle-vol--1

Allistair

latonya0311
latonya0311
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thank you so very much!!  This is extremely helpful!
Trender 3D
Trender 3D
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (957 reputation)Veteran Member (957 reputation)Veteran Member (957 reputation)Veteran Member (957 reputation)Veteran Member (957 reputation)Veteran Member (957 reputation)Veteran Member (957 reputation)Veteran Member (957 reputation)Veteran Member (957 reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Anytime 👍🏽
Please ‘shout’ if you get stuck.

Allistair

Reading This Topic