Profile Picture

Epic Logo animation review

Posted By harryknow84 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
harryknow84
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Good day everyone, this is latest video I did for my brand name, titled: Epic Logo animation.
It was rendered out with 2k texture quality based on my PC performance!
What's your contribution on this for better improvement!
Done in iclone!
I would like to get correction, thanks for taking your time to response.
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
In my opinion:
The sudden DOF changes are jarring and at times blur out the gun the actor is holding which is not realistic.
If you have a good set then show it. If you want to highlight the actor there are better ways to do that (i.e. lighting, background, etc.) or just limit the DOF to the distance.
@0:05 The white birds wings flapping in and out of view at top is distracting and unnecessary.
@0:10 The bird on the top of the stone lantern is at an angle and looks like it will fall off backwards, does not look stable.
@0:25 Looks like actors gun is a flashlight since it lights of the end of the wood she is knelling in front of.
@0:31 The actor backs up to the tree to hide but is 2 feet from the tree.
@0:41 The actor is just loading her gun now???? So she was pointing an unloaded gun all this time I guess.
@0:42 Bird flapping wings behind character is distracting and not needed.
@0:43 The actors left hand fingers are whited out (from a strong light?) and I first thought they were claws.
          The right arm is also somewhat washed out.
@0:45 the gun is not pointing at the explosives but down and to the left a bit.

No shadows.

After watching a couple of times I got confused. Are there 1 or 2 woman in this clip?
The reason I ask is that if it is one (1) actor then the hair color changes at several places:
@0:01 light brown/blonde with highlights
@0:05 dark brown
@0:08 light brown/blonde with highlights
@0:09 dark brown
I sure it is just a lighting issue but consistency is important.

Hope that helps some and again, just my opinion.

Regards,
Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

harryknow84
harryknow84
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)

Thanks for this... I'll check it out!
harryknow84
harryknow84
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

I'll be dropping my work here for better improvement... Thanks very much sir

I have issues with lighting, that's why I attached the light in front of the girl which later whitening her hand at the end

Is the light changing her hair colour

I really appreciate to point out issues
harryknow84
harryknow84
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Less I forgot sir, what about the camera movement?... Hope no issues with that?
michaelrbarton
michaelrbarton
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 7 days ago
The animation looks like it has a good flow. You have a big background scene. Then you blur it out. To me, that is a waste of resources for your graphics card and CPU. 
If you are going to blur the background, why not just render an image of the background scene and blur that out. Are you going for realism or a different style?
What kind of tree is that? You should have a tree that looks realistic for closeup views. You can download free trees (FBX, OBJ) from CGTrader and use CC3 to bring in as a created accessory.
Then you send to iClone and detach to make a prop. The iClone trees are good, if you are going to use wind. If you have no wind, then you should download some free high quality trees from CGTrader, Turbosquid and CGAxis.
If you have $84 (15% coupon code Must15POF) to spend, Reallusion has a great deal on all of their trees (1873 variations) iClone content - Total Plants 2 - Botanical World - 3d model (reallusion.com). The tree packs regular price is $399. I bought that. You can use LUT effects for further realism ( some free ones included with iClone). If you go to my Youtube page, there is a lot of free 3D content (CGTrader, Turbosquid, Free 3D, and more) I have converted for use in iClone.
Michael Barton - YouTube  Here are some renderings I have donehttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/18f91757-fd57-40bc-9e14-32c6.pnghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b63c87b5-38a5-44ad-9a5b-af4f.jpghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/23d0a680-229a-4754-8805-5ea8.jpg in iClone and CC3 using LUT effects, Atmosphere and Light. I feel bad criticizing you.
Edited
3 Years Ago by michaelrbarton
kungphu
kungphu
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
harryknow84 (7/6/2021)
Less I forgot sir, what about the camera movement?... Hope no issues with that?

Camerawork needs some work. It seemed mostly wide shots. You can tell a story just with lenses. Try messing with the focal entry’s to give a little bit more perspective and vary the shot selection. If it’s supposed to be tension filled throw in some facial close ups and reaction shots. Even just suspenseful eyes shot with them darting around nervously. As mentioned the DOF isn’t consistent and it’s way too strong. The rapid changes in DOF don’t really work too well. Iclone’s DOF needs a lot of work.

Play around with the lighting to add drama. It looks like just one massive key light. I didn’t see any shadows. A nice shot of just the shadow of the character on the floor and then the character coming into view would be nice. Try some practical lighting in the dark for suspense. Like make it a dark scene and drop in a moon in the background and place a light there also some lamps along the path to add some ambiance.

Plus for a logo reveal, that’s a long wait for a logo. The juice isn’t really worth the squeeze. Edit out a lot of the beginning. And the logo is tiny, it should be big and memorable. You could also use some fast camera movements for the action, a Dutch tilt, close ups of the eyes, upward angle of the feet running, shake the cam with the explosion... All just ideas. For a logo reveal it should be quick and to the point. The most important thing is you started! Which is way more than most do. Sorry if it seems like a lot of critique. I’m more than a few glasses of vino in and it’s just mental vomit at this point. Smile Looking forward to seeing the changes! You’re on the right path!!!

My "NEWEST" LatestSmile  Movie Made With Amaaaazing iClone

—> High Noon”ish” in Narrow Valley<—

harryknow84
harryknow84
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks sir, and about critizing... Ya, that's not bad, it makes me to do more and get better improvement incase of next time... Thanks for your contribution also... Really appreciate that!
harryknow84
harryknow84
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks for your contribution also... Really appreciate that... Will make changes and put more work in here for correction

There are sure people here and this is what I'm looking for!

I just wanted to grab up quickly... Need a lot to improve on and that's why I'm practicing.

Without practice, no one will know where he belongs to... Thanks very much
kungphu
kungphu
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I don’t think we have many professionals here so we’re all learning. The hardest part honestly is the part you’ve already done. Making a scene and filming it start to finish.’So good on ya! Doesn’t matter if we’ve been doing it for months or for years, all of us are still learning and trying to improve! Especially with all the new features that constantly come out.

One thing you might try is look for a similar scene in a movie or commercial. Take notes on how it was shot, the angles, the shots... there’s a lot to be learned by looking at films that have a similar vibe. There just doesn’t ever seem to be enough hours in the day to contribute to our hobbies!!!!

My "NEWEST" LatestSmile  Movie Made With Amaaaazing iClone

—> High Noon”ish” in Narrow Valley<—

Reading This Topic