Transparent video edge issue

Posted By arenbailey 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
arenbailey
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (634 reputation)Veteran Member (634 reputation)Veteran Member (634 reputation)Veteran Member (634 reputation)Veteran Member (634 reputation)Veteran Member (634 reputation)Veteran Member (634 reputation)Veteran Member (634 reputation)Veteran Member (634 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Ive created a character and wanted to export a transparent video. Ive chosen the pro res 4444 format and even attemped to use super sampling thinking it would help, but when I get to watch my video, I get a strange green edge around my character. 

this is what the edge looks like on CTA

This is what I'm getting after the export . 

has anyone encountered anything similar, and could offer a solution? Could it be that my edges are blurred? Would a png sequence fix the trick? I know png would fix this issue, but I'm hoping there may be a way to get this working with out a png sequence as its a dance sequence and I want the audio to match up in my final edit in a third party program. 
dweiers
dweiers
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I had this same issue when rendering a video with transparency. Let me first explain what my issue was, then I‘ll come to my solution.

I was actually a green background (in the visual settings of the project) in order to chroma key it later in video editing software. Since I wanted to get the best possible quality I exported as a PNG sequence (I figured it would be of better quality because there wouldn’t be any video Kompression going on). I got the same problem as you (green „border“ along the subjects).

I did some testing ans experimenting. Here’s what I finally came up with:

If you export PNGs (regardless of wether it is a single frame or a whole sequence) there are some things to know:

- If the 2D Background (in the visual settings of the project) is set to a simple color (i.e. the option to use a background image is turned off) then the background is automatically set to be transparent in a PNG-Export.
- This works with any color.
-This is bot only true for iClone but for Character Creator too.

Even though I had consistent results concerning the above points there sometimes seems to happen a bit of color bleeding from the background into the rendered export.
To solve this I simply set the background to pure black. Since doing this I didn’t have any colorbleeding anymore and the green borders have vanished.

Concerning your fear about having trouble to sync audio with video exported as a png sequence:

I did this several times already and it quite straightforward. I didn’t have trouble once. You easily export the audio separately from the video. ( Video as png sequence, audio as movie with file format set to .wav which just exports the audio). All you have to take care of is to export the exact same frame range and to make sure to use the exact same frame per second setting for both exports.
I’m using davinci resolve for video editing which recognises png sequences as videos. Import the sequence and the wav will give you two clips (one video and one audio) of exactly the same length. If you align them you have a perfect sync right out of the box.

Reading This Topic