Profile Picture

Need guidance with youtube videos

Posted By punkfey 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
punkfey
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I want to create youtube videos with cartoon animator and from what I see, it looks great but I want to know is this the right thing for what i need.
Can someone tell me if these are possible with Cartoon animator:
1-Convert a photo of face/headshot to a cartoon 
2-Are clothing customizable?  For example if i wanted to create a cartoon Michael Jordan, can his basketball jersey be recreated and used for motion as well?
3-Can I use a photo and use/convert to a cartoon background for the scene?
4-I want to mocap the full body from head/face to arms and legs.  How much is the mocap suite?
5-Is cartoon animator all I need to accomplish the above to create short cartoon youtube videos? 
Thanks
etourist
etourist
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
It's important to understand that Cartoon Animator is primarily an animation studio not a graphics studio. It has some capabilities in applying effects to graphics, but is far from comprehensive, which is why you need to team it with a Graphics editor such as Photoshop (or if you need an alternative that's free I recommend Krita).

To address your requirements:

1. You can certainly import a photo of someone's face and animate it like a cartoon but, if you want it to look like a cartoon you'll need to do that in your graphics editor first (I actually have a tutorial using Krita showing you how to do this How to Create Caricature Faces From Photos Using Krita).
2. Just like photos you'll need to create and edit clothing in your graphics editor and then import it into Cartoon Animator as sprites into a character rig.
3. You can certainly import photos and use it as a background but if you want it to look more like a cartoon style you'll need to do that in your Graphics Software first (perhaps try using some of the same effects I use in my Caricature Faces tutorial to your background image so the styles match).
4. Near as I can tell for a full body mocap system you're looking at about USD$7999 but if you want to see for yourself link here to Perception Neuron's site)
5. Technically yes but, if you want to create more advanced videos with titles, multiple scenes, better sound design etc. you'll also need video editing software (and, as mentioned above, graphics software). I have a list of free and low cost resources (including free/opensource editors) for animators at The Ultimate Independent Animator's App and Resource List 2019-2021 - Animation and Video Life.

- TET
Animation and Video Life
The Lazy Animator - Tutorials for Cartoon Animator
punkfey
punkfey
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi thanks for your reply.  I'll be sure to check out your tutorials.  I see in the reallusion website its showing the perception neuron for $699 and the rokoko for $199.  Are these lower end mocaps I suppose?  Will they be good for my use?

Reading This Topic