Profile Picture

Leftovers after uninstall

Posted By uno.primus 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
uno.primus
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi,
I would like to get help on how to uninstall your software - I used the trial version and followed the proper uninstall procedure from your hub - which was a bad experience in general btw (I would suggest to fix/find alternative to that hub thingy). and everything looked like it was cleaned. Nothing was left in Add Remove programs which would suggest that uninstall was successful. This was more than a month ago. However I noticed in my task manager that I had a service called PostgreSQL server running. When I choose the open file location it directed me to "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Reallusion\PostgreSQL\bin". As you can see based on the name I assume it's leftover from one your tools. I really like keeping clean and up to date OS. Giving people confirmation that all the stuff your software has put on my PC has been removed while that's not totally true makes me bit stressed as now I have to think what other stuff has your software left there running. Also needing to open account in forum for uninstall issue is another concern (I used my temp email for this). Please tell me step by step instructions on how to remove any file that your software has created on my PC. Also note I'm also in process of reporting this (your hub software) to Microsoft as software with suspicious behavior. Attached you'll find screenshot of the directory. Also on steps don't include anything that would require me to install your software again. I'm willing to run a removal tool if you have any but not that hub tool which caused all of this trouble.

Regards,
A person who just wanted to try you trial Character Creation software.
Attachments
Reallusion-Postgresql.PNG (121 views, 126.00 KB)
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Hi...

When you install any software (not just Reallusion software) you will often find additional shared 3rd party applications and utilities will be installed as well as the main program files. An example of this are the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables which are very commonly installed by a lot of software. However, when uninstalling only the program files will be uninstalled because things like the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables may be required by other installed software and uninstalling will stop  the other software from running.

In the case of the PostgreSQL content that is in the Reallusion Common folder, you can simply delete the folder if you no longer plan to use any Reallusion software. If you have any other Reallusion software installed then this folder should be left as it may still be needed.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Reallusion\PostgreSQL\bin

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

JasonWynngard
JasonWynngard
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Might not hurt to also type "msconfig" on the Window start bar. Then hunt stuff you don't want running anymore and uncheck the relevant boxes.

Omen HP17t ck00 -- Windows 11 -- 32GB RAM -- Two 1TB Crucial M.2 NVME Drives -- nVidia Geoforce RTX 3070 -- 11th Generation i9 -- LG 32" QUHD Monitor

animagic
animagic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
I have never encountered software that completely removes everything after uninstalling. IMO, threatening to report to Microsoft is overreacting. No software is completely standalone and many are dependent on other libraries.

There is a tool called CCleaner that can be used to remove remnants. You will find that a lot of software leaves traces in the registry, even after uninstalling. You would have a full-time job reporting all those vendors to Microsoft.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic