UE5 & Reallusion - Tips & Tricks

Posted By Bassline303 3 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Bassline303
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
rosuckmedia (11/2/2022)
Hello,
I have a question,
How can I  the CSV import UE 5.1
into UE5.0.3 imigrate.
Greetings Robert

The easiest way is to bake down the CSV data into an animation sequence and then migrate or copy it over to your UE5 project. But be sure your Characters have the ExPlus facial profile.

rosuckmedia
rosuckmedia
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Hi bassline,
How do I migrate them?
The baked animation Copy,
and paste into 5.03 ??
Greetings Robert
Edited
2 Years Ago by rosuckmedia
Bassline303
Bassline303
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)

rosuckmedia (11/2/2022)
Hi bassline,
How do I migrate them?
The baked animation Copy,
and paste into 5.03 ??
Greetings Robert

Make a folder (CSV Animations for example) move or copy all the animations into that folder. Right click on the folder and select "migrate". When it is asking where to migrate choose your UE5 Project/Content.
When it is migrated you have to retarget to a CC4 skeleton or share a CC4 skeleton. You also can migrate your CC4 character (used in UE5.1) to UE5. (and vice versa)
Edited
2 Years Ago by Bassline303
rosuckmedia
rosuckmedia
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Ah Okay, Thanks Bassline,
I only use MH.
Greetings Roberto😁😁😁
Bassline303
Bassline303
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

rosuckmedia (11/2/2022)
I only use MH.
Greetings Roberto😁😁😁

Same thing , but more easy because you only have to choose the Meta Human Skeleton and there is only one 😁
Mr Dee
Mr Dee
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)

Last Active: 8 days ago
Hey guys,
I posted a question in UE4/5 with no response. So maybe here is a better placeSmile

Take Recorder not capturing head rotation with iClone link setup

I'm having a little trouble recording motion and facial data from iClone to Unreal using the take recorder.

My setup is pretty standard. I'm using a CC4 character to drive the facial data and a Humanoid character matching the bodytype to drive the skeletal mesh in UE.

This al works as it should however..... I created an animation on the CC4 character with facepuppet. This animation also has head rotation data. This data is transfered to UE and also shown when TakeRecorder is running. But when replaying or applying the recorded data to the MH only the facial animation is playing without the head rotation.

I've tried disconnecting the humanoid rig while recording, but with no luck. Any idea's for a workaround on this?

Cheers,
Marcus

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8d0f3cbd-1212-4f3e-84f6-f80d.png
Bassline303
Bassline303
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

@Mr Dee  

You have to do all bone animations in IClone with the Dummy and all facials with the CC4. When you add head shaking (for example) to the CC4 it will be overwritten by the body BP , so you have to add the head shaking to the Dummy in IClone.
You can do your head animation with the CC4 but you will need to copy it over to the dummy too , to record it with Take Recorder.

Edited
Bassline303
Bassline303
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Bassline303 (11/2/2022)
rosuckmedia (11/2/2022)
I only use MH.
Greetings Roberto😁😁😁

Same thing , but more easy because you only have to choose the Meta Human Skeleton and there is only one 😁

BTW , migrating CSV animations to UE5.03 doesn't work anymore with UE5.1p2 , you will need to work in UE5.1. 
A workaround is to export the animation data as fbx out of UE5.1 and import it into UE5.03 for the Face_Archetype_Skeleton (MH)

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ebbc76a0-fe84-43fb-811a-e3bc.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/21ed2383-0606-4925-91f1-6a00.jpg
Edited
Mr Dee
Mr Dee
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)

Last Active: 8 days ago
@bassline303

I was afraid this was the case;(
Such a pity cause the head animation created by RL FacePuppet matches the eye motion and all other movements so well.

Creating it by hand with the dummy doesn't look that 'synced' and great. Maybe there's a way to copy those specific bone tracks from the CC character to the Dummy in RL and than record this with the takerecorder.
Also would be great if RL would let us export CSV files directly from iCLoneSmile

Cheers,
Marcus

Bassline303
Bassline303
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Mr Dee (11/2/2022)
@bassline303

I was afraid this was the case;(
Such a pity cause the head animation created by RL FacePuppet matches the eye motion and all other movements so well.

Creating it by hand with the dummy doesn't look that 'synced' and great. Maybe there's a way to copy those specific bone tracks from the CC character to the Dummy in RL and than record this with the takerecorder.
Also would be great if RL would let us export CSV files directly from iCLoneSmile

Cheers,
Marcus

You can save your CC4 animation as "motion" and load it to the Dummy (bones)
So do all body animations in IClone with the CC Character and save it as "motion".
Edited

Reading This Topic