Video Memory Trend /

Posted By rguy 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
rguy
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I keep noticing these trends of numerous memory being added to these new video cards. At ,  I Buy Power , I notice that most  3060 cards have 12 GB of memory. I was eyeing a 3060TI video card in a system at another site but it only has 6 GB of ram. You don't guess that IClone will be setting a higher minimum of Video Ram requirement to keep up with that current trend , do you ? My guess is that if it continues , they will. I'd hate to buy a 3060TI with only 6 GB of ram and fall off the minimum requirement of Video Ram.  Anybody have any insight on how vast this trend will continue. For example. - Will we be looking at a 40 series with 18 and 24 GB of ram ? I guess I could just wait for the next version to be released. That would probably be the smart thing. Hmmmm ! 
Edited
3 Years Ago by rguy
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Count on it. This is driven by 4K gaming with high resolution textures, and other processing cards need to do for modern games. You want the most VRAM you can afford for iClone and CC3 as well. For that very reason, I would choose the 3060 12 Gig over the 3060ti.
rguy
rguy
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
That sounds like some really good advice. The TI is a pretty impressive card and has mostly disappeared on the sites I'm checking. I'm glad I didn't make that mistake. I just seen the 3090 with 24 GB of ram.
Yikes ! GeForce RTX 3090 Graphics Card | NVIDIA
Thanks , Rampa ! 
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
You *can* get the 3090 - Job and I got one recently - but unless you buy it with a computer as we did you will end up paying WAY too much.

The theory is that the supply chain WILL stabilize, but not for at least a year (and perhaps as long as two).  In the meantime getting a used card and saving your pennies may be the way to go.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic