Profile Picture

Is the import of animation from Iclone possible?

Posted By kaisa.s.blue.apple 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
kaisa.s.blue.apple
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello Smile

I modified the morph of my character, I added him a beard from Character Creator, and I would like to import the animation I did to the new character modified.
Do you have an idea of how I may proceed? I know it's possible with Maya, but Iclone works differently and I'm not sure how it works.
I hope I will come up with a solution by trying by myself today( I found no tutorail about it ) but if you can help me, please do! Smile

Have a nice day everyone!
charly Rama
charly Rama
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Hello,
To help you, we need more information about what exactly do you want to do.
The  motion you want to import to your modified character comes from Iclone ? from another software ? 
So, if you do your animation at Iclone, to apply the animation you have to your modified character is simple.
 1/at Iclone, You apply the animation to any character , you select this character.
2/You go to character creator, you send your modified character to Iclone by the  buttom send to Iclone and your modified character will replace the old one with your motion.

Tell us if you use another software or if it's not clear

kaisa.s.blue.apple
kaisa.s.blue.apple
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Oh sorry! Yes you right there is many way to animate or to put animation in Iclone.
Here my process:
I took an animation from Mixamo that I export in .FBX, I put in 3DXChange, then I convert to Non-Standard and export as rlMotion
to Iclone Animation Custom, and then I edit the animation ( like the finger, head rotation, leg espacement ) in the Motion Layer with key.

I edit the animation from Mixamo that why I don't know how to export from Iclone to a "new" character. Do you have an idea of how I
could export only the animation? Or maybe even the bones with it because the modified character is the same after all!

You think your second propositon could work? I don't have only motion but key etc. I have to try.

Thank for your interest Smile

charly Rama
charly Rama
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Ok, for saving all your modified animation, you have to use collect clip in the timeline and save it  as a motion or motion plus if there's facial animation with it. So you could apply it to any character you want, following what I said above
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f63cb136-55ef-4ad7-96fb-93b3.png

Edited
3 Years Ago by charly Rama

Reading This Topic