Profile Picture

Importing objects from DAZ with glass

Posted By firedude144 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
firedude144
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 days ago
I use DAZ to build sets because of the variety. Recently I built a set using Daz's SciFI Interior Construction Kit . It worked fine when I exported each part from Daz through 3DXchange. Then I created another set using the Modular SciFi Interiors Kit - now no matter what I try, the glass comes out opaque in iClone. Maybe I've been working too late but I just can't get the glass parts to come out clear. I tried FBX and OBJ, exporting via DAZ, Hexagon, Blender. The individual components, like the wall with a window embedded in it, is loaded as a single mesh so I can't even adjust the glass part on its own.  I scoured the interweb thingie for any hints about importing objects with glass but found nothing particularly useful. Is there a trick or is this just something that doesn't work going from Daz to iClone?

Cheers,
Ed
firedude144
firedude144
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 days ago
Ah yes, the old "use the opacity slider trick" ... that's the second time I've fallen for that this month. Thanks for looking...that's what happen when you work beyond your bedtime and you're no longer the spring chicken.

Reading This Topic