iClone 7 error - Hard disk space is not enough

Posted By pixelpirate23 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Problem.png
pixelpirate23
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hey all.
I'm having this weird issue when I try to download a package I've bought. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/667f9080-4619-4c94-b2df-95b1.jpg

" The hard disk space for the Template is not enough.
Please free up some disk space and try again."

My hard drive has 200GB available.

Could it be because I've got the installation of iClone in another hard drive?
Has anyone ever had this issue before?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

iClone makes heavy use of temporary files during many processes so it is important that there is plenty of free space for the temp folder. By default your Temp folder is stored on the C: drive even if you have installed the program, template and custom folders elsewhere. If you have low hard drive space on the C: drive you may wish to move your Temp folder to another drive with more space to see if this alleviates the problem. You can do this in Preferences (CTRL+P). Note: Do make sure to restart iClone for this to change to take effect.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

birkeholm
birkeholm
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
I have the same problem, but there ought to be enough space (nearly 1 TB).    I have checked the System-setup in Preferences and it says C-drive is where the Temp is located  :-)
So what to do ?
Edited
3 Years Ago by birkeholm
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Are you installing content using Smart Gallery? Please provide the full steps you are taking leading up to the error message appearing. Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

cerenaydin85
cerenaydin85
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)

I have this issue as well... it is so frustrating that I cant use this program that I have purchased and I am pretty sure I have enough space.
If anyone has figured what to do about it please help. 
Thank you! 
cerenaydin85
cerenaydin85
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)

I think I just fixed the problem !..

I ve added the screenshot of the page. ! go that menu bar > settings > and change the template folder location !!!

it worked !

Good Luck!
Attachments
Rlsn.jpg (218 views, 697.00 KB)
peterg
peterg
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Thank you, that solved it for me. Looks like even though I updated the software for the location of the template file in a new installation, it still pointed to the original location.
BurningWoodMedia
BurningWoodMedia
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9301b9fc-8682-43f7-b2d1-6ea9.jpghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3a7c33c8-4ca5-450e-b8ec-ba70.jpg Having issues with Iclone 8... have changed everything to 2ndary drive. Over 400 GB free. 
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi BurningWoodMedia

Did you close down iClone and restart your computer after changing the Temp location? If not try that and see if you can install the content correctly.

If you still have problems, try using an install location without all the underscores. For example don't use Documents_2 and just try using say Documents2 instead.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

BurningWoodMedia
BurningWoodMedia
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Yes, it did not work.   So, I ended just changing drives for my operating system and buying a new 8TB for the main storage. 
Thanks for the reply. 

Reading This Topic