Profile Picture

Daz to CC3 Gone Wrong

Posted By richarddumbrell 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
richarddumbrell
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (79 reputation)New Member (79 reputation)New Member (79 reputation)New Member (79 reputation)New Member (79 reputation)New Member (79 reputation)New Member (79 reputation)New Member (79 reputation)New Member (79 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year

Hello,

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/bfe771cc-b74d-43e8-892a-e56c.png

This is Sean, or rather what is left of him. He is actually from Renderosity and he looks more than fine in Daz iRay renders. As far as I can see, he has no geoshells or anything similarin his textures, but when I bring him into CC3, something is not quite right.

I am new to CC3 and iClone, and am slowly learning (I hope, anyway) but I am having this problem importing poor Sean into CC3.

As you can see, in CC3 his face goes rather odd. It is obvious the skin is not aligned to his head properly and his features (eyes, ears, mouth, nose) are somewhat askew. The rest of hisbody looks fine, by the way.

I use Transformer, import him as a CC3+ (he is a Gen 8 character), select Advanced and Bake Body Textures. In he comes and YIKES!!! - it looks like he has lost a couple of rounds with anangle grinder!

I have done searches and watched lots of tutorial vids, so I apologise if I have missed an obvious answer, but is there a way to fix his skin and head problem?

So far, this is the only issue I have encountered importing Daz people into CC3, I’ve even managed to get some quite complex characters and clothing over without too many issues -but Sean has stumped me!

Cheers, Rocco

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 46 minutes ago
Try adjusting the strength of, or just deleting, the displacement map.
richarddumbrell
richarddumbrell
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (79 reputation)New Member (79 reputation)New Member (79 reputation)New Member (79 reputation)New Member (79 reputation)New Member (79 reputation)New Member (79 reputation)New Member (79 reputation)New Member (79 reputation)

Thanks Rampa, that did the trick. I deleted them at the moment, I will play around with adjustment later, but he now looks like he should!

Cheers... R.
animagic
animagic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
@richard: Your displacement map has a very high contrast.

The neutral value (no displacement)  is medium gray (RGB [128,128,128]) and there should only be minor deviations from that. So you could also try to lower the contrast.

Usually, though, for a face, there is no need for a displacement map and is a normal map sufficient.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

richarddumbrell
richarddumbrell
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hi,
I removed the head displacement map altogether - I wasn't sure how to adjust the strength of the map. I played around in the color tab, but in the end 'delete' worked best, and he returned to looking like he should.
Then I had black lines across his shoulders and chest, which I realized was a result of deleting just his head displacement, so I went through the rest of his body maps and deleted all the displacements, which fixed that problem.
Now, at least, the guy looks correct and all his Normal maps transferred over fine, so he should be good to go!
I still have a lot to learn about CC3 but I feel I am getting there, slowly and hopefully steadily...
Thanks for the advice, it is appreciated.

Reading This Topic