Zoom Background?

Posted By jessicalcrichton 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jessicalcrichton
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (889 reputation)Veteran Member (889 reputation)Veteran Member (889 reputation)Veteran Member (889 reputation)Veteran Member (889 reputation)Veteran Member (889 reputation)Veteran Member (889 reputation)Veteran Member (889 reputation)Veteran Member (889 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Okay, I feel REALLY dumb posting this, but even Google isn't coming up with anything (just keeps giving me unrelated results, or results from completely different programs), so despite how simple this probably is I'm out of options other than to muck up the forum AGAIN. Sad

HOW do you ZOOM OUT from a BACKGROUND?

I know that the 2D background is static. I've paid enough attention to my research to at least understand that. So I've been trying to put the background image on a block prop, or a wall prop, or something, but every time there's an issue. Either the image is WAY too small (even when I make the prop bigger; it fuzzes out the image) or in the case of the wall I can't get it far enough away to zoom with the character without the wall going in FRONT of him, etc. 

All I need to do is have the character walking towards the camera as the background zooms out so that it looks like he's actually walking away from the background as well. Realism please? I am aware of the Camera Dolly Zoom plugin, and I have added it to my iClone, but it won't give me any options to choose the background or anything in its dialogue box. (See screenacp.)

I feel like a moron. This should be SO much easier. Help please!

UGH!

Edited
3 Years Ago by jessicalcrichton
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
it doesn't,  and I hope they don't change that because it's very useful for animating the character walking off into the distance.

you have to do it on a plane,  but try it on a prop called "Billboard"  which always faces the camera ,  it usually resizes better since it's made for images -  where as a plain old plane is set for textures.   Resizing is a pita but is a necessary evil in this approach.

michaelrbarton
michaelrbarton
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
If you leftt click on an image or video and drag it into the scene, you can save it as a plane. Then you can enlarge it. That might work.

Edited
3 Years Ago by michaelrbarton
jessicalcrichton
jessicalcrichton
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (889 reputation)Veteran Member (889 reputation)Veteran Member (889 reputation)Veteran Member (889 reputation)Veteran Member (889 reputation)Veteran Member (889 reputation)Veteran Member (889 reputation)Veteran Member (889 reputation)Veteran Member (889 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thanks guys! I really appreciate your help!
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
There's a real zoom with the camera in Iclone in the modify tab. 20mm to 200 mm.

Reading This Topic