Profile Picture

Some characters voices becoming 'muted' when multiple (6) characters sing at the same time

Posted By wezzley 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Some characters voices becoming 'muted' when multiple (6) characters...

Author
wezzley
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (247 reputation)Junior Member (247 reputation)Junior Member (247 reputation)Junior Member (247 reputation)Junior Member (247 reputation)Junior Member (247 reputation)Junior Member (247 reputation)Junior Member (247 reputation)Junior Member (247 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi all, 

I'm having a problem in CA4 in stage mode that characters voices keep disappearing during playback when creating an animation with 6 characters singing at the same time. Each character has its own voice clip in the time line. Their lips still move in the animation - and the voice clip is for each character still seen in the time line, however it is as if they have been muted.

Is it possible that the software can only handle a few people speaking/singing at one time? Sometimes if I close and reopen the software - a 'muted' voice returns, but then a different voice is 'muted'. Sometimes all the voices are there but then the background music cannot be heard!

When I render the project as a test - all the voices are there!

Any ideas or workarounds greatly appreciated please! Thanks! 
Edited
3 Years Ago by wezzley
kungphu
kungphu
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I don’t use CTA much but this problem used to happen to me with iclone. Once they dropped out and I wanted to hear the entire track, I’d just do a voice mix down and apply it to a temporary prop in the project and that way I’d hear the whole voices and that would help with animation. That was the workaround in iclone, should be able to do same in CTA.

My "NEWEST" LatestSmile  Movie Made With Amaaaazing iClone

—> High Noon”ish” in Narrow Valley<—

wezzley
wezzley
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (247 reputation)Junior Member (247 reputation)Junior Member (247 reputation)Junior Member (247 reputation)Junior Member (247 reputation)Junior Member (247 reputation)Junior Member (247 reputation)Junior Member (247 reputation)Junior Member (247 reputation)

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it! Good to know I'm not the only one! Your workaround sounds sensible, thanks for sharing, butbut I'm a bit of a newbie so could I ask how I would do a "voice mixdown" in CA4? 
vepop
vepop
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Use audio editor (eg. Audacity)  to get all the voices in one file.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9331d0a4-6a4b-4e86-9f88-963f.jpg
YouTube Tutorials Here
wezzley
wezzley
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hi Vepop, thank very much for this info. The only thing that worries me about doing this is that I will lose the ability to use the auto lip sync function, since each character will not have their own voice. I find the auto lip sync very time saving....(even if I do have to 'tidy' it up a bit).....any thoughts? Thanks!
vepop
vepop
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Perhaps this might help.
1.  In the Timeline, click the Face tab & Collect Clip tab.
2.  In the Collect Clip track mark the range for the speech.
3.  Right Click>Export Facial Motion.
4. Save it for the character.
To use the clip.
1.  Click the character.
2. Click Animation>Custom>Face.
3. Double click the saved motion.
4. In the Timeline, click Face>Voice Clip.
5. Delete the voice clip in the track.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9331d0a4-6a4b-4e86-9f88-963f.jpg
YouTube Tutorials Here
kungphu
kungphu
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I may have misunderstood, but I thought when the audio dropped you still had proper lip sync. That was the case for me in iclone. I just couldn’t hear the audio. That’s why I’d drop a mixdown audio file into a prop. So when I’d render I’d have the visuals with a full audio clip. For me the characters mouths would still move. I just couldn’t hear the audio.

My "NEWEST" LatestSmile  Movie Made With Amaaaazing iClone

—> High Noon”ish” in Narrow Valley<—

Reading This Topic