Profile Picture

seperated arm

Posted By ApolloJourney 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
ApolloJourney
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi all,

for a project I need a character in unity with a separated arm. I made a base character in CC3 and exported the mesh to Maya, There I removed part of the mesh of the underarm and made a sort of wound. Now is it possible to get this mesh back into cc3? or do I have to copy the skinning in Maya and export from there? 
Hopefully there is a Guru around that can safe me some time Smile
 https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8d2b1f85-c309-4e40-832e-24c4.png
vidi
vidi
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
When you remove or add Polygons  to a CC Character, you can this not import as CC Character back. Only as Accessory.
For to keep the CC Character Features 
Instead, try to create a Morph Slider Change the Geometry of the Arm but do not delete any Polygon from the Mesh 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Edited
3 Years Ago by vidi
ApolloJourney
ApolloJourney
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)

Hi Vidi, 
Thnx for the reply. I will try that today, and update the status if its a good solution for me.
Danke schön Smile
ApolloJourney
This post has been flagged as an answer
ApolloJourney
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

So, I fixed it by importing it as an accessory, than transferring the skin weights as a skin tight t-shirt. Than I hide the faces of the original mesh that where overlapping and weren't needed. And when exporting I have to make sure to select the Delete hidden mesh option. 
All the functions still work, as long as i don't adjust the skin color. But for me this is fine for now. 
The morph option would have been a cleaner solution, with future use in mind, but I couldn't get the objKey working when trying to create the morph object.
So since I need this to work quick in unity for a deadline, this is perfect for now. 
In the future I may try to get the morph solution Vidi suggested working, but for now my problem is solved. 
Danke schön @Vidi Smile

Reading This Topic