Profile Picture

Adrea and Remy iclone still

Posted By restif 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
restif
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Still working on my characters, lighting ideas, etc in iclone7. Not a vid this time, just a still.
Here is Adrea in costume and Remy.  They are Genesis 3 characters brought in via Character Creator 3 and improved using its great tools.

Have another character to do some improvements in CC3 on but I am close to finalizing my characters for my animation project.

I am really trying to get to a point of having my characters look good in iclone's native renderer and not think of porting to unreal engine (a whole new program to learn), Though I like many wonderful pieces done but super talented artists and teams, I would like to focus on the great CC3/3dxchange/DAZ/ iclone workflow.

What are your thoughts of staying solely in iclone for your projects?https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cbdd1fd5-f388-4a9f-90b0-ced0.png

Hope you like.
3DChick
3DChick
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

I think those two look GREAT! Nice lighting, nice skin (although they both look a bit like they are blushing--which kind of adds fun subtext). Nice natural-looking poses, and just all around nice.

I only use CC3/iClone, with the native renderer, and I think I get pretty good results. When I have a computer I dare install it on, I will be adding Unreal, but as an extra, not a replacement, and mostly for big sets, establishing shots, outdoors, etc. My system is too sad and outdated for iClone to handle those kinds of things--more than two characters and I just crash. 

Here's an image from a scene in iClone I'm working on for the 10 Year Contest. This guy started out as a heavily morphed Daz Genesis 2 figure, then I had to redo him from the ground up for Genesis 3, then discovered Reallusion programs so he became CC3, then Digital Human, and now one last revamp for SkinGen and CC3+. (Yes, I'm ok with no more big updates for a while, although I'm grateful for them)
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/399d7b37-cf47-446f-b97f-0e75.png

When my new 'puter arrives, I will be adding Blender to my workflow for decimating large props and things from Daz--some can be done in CC3, but some it just works better to take into Blender first. I think it's totally do-able to stay entirely in the Reallusion ecosystem unless you run into issues. Lighting can be a trick to make things look the way you want, although that's true in any program, and getting all the settings tweaked the way you want them takes some time to figure out, but once you do, it becomes quickly repeatable. I bought the Iray plugin for still images a while back (it's too hard to get all my characters back into Daz for those), but it's so nice not to spend all my time just rendering, I've concentrated on getting the results I want without it and haven't ever installed it. 

So, to a certain extent, the answer is everyone's favorite: it depends (on what you're trying to do) but I think these programs are AMAZING, and I love working in them. 

:-)

3 Years Ago by nelm2010
restif
restif
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)

Thanks so much for your perspective! Like your character as well!

I am enjoying the great capabilities of iclone and CC3 so will continue but always interested in hearing others perpective.

Reading This Topic