Profile Picture

Helpful Export Settings for DaVinci Resolve 17 Studio Users for Getting Good 4k on YouTube

Posted By 3DChick 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Helpful Export Settings for DaVinci Resolve 17 Studio Users for...

Author
3DChick
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 days ago
That's probably a small percentage of us, but the settings could be figured out in other programs. 

I don't have my Studio yet (like my new laptop, it's on backorder), but as soon as I do, I'm going to try these.

Thought I'd share. Maybe someone else would find this helpful.
:-)

planetstardragon
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Thank you for sharing.    Does DaVinci really make a significant difference ?   I'm using hitfilm plugins and vegas pro for fx myself, and I am happy with it  i usually export to 1080p  or 4k with the settings below and it seems to work with youtube as they don't do any additional conversions to it.

Copy and paste from vegas pro settings
Use this setting to create an MP4 (AVC/AAC) file for progressive internet downloads.
Audio: 192 Kbps, 48,000 Hz, 16 Bit, Stereo, AAC
Video: 29.970 fps, 1920x1080 Progressive, YUV, 12 Mbps
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.000

3DChick
3DChick
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 8 days ago
I don't know if which NLE a person uses makes a difference. I tried both Hitfilm and Vegas (along with Premiere Pro and Filmora Pro) and just like using DaVinci better. And you can do just about every single thing in the free version that you can in Studio, except apparently this, sigh, and easy motion blur. Oh! And really quality upscaling from 1080 to 4k, which I'm excited about because my GPU hates rendering at 4k out of iClone.

BUT! Finally got the "Your Back-Ordered Item has Shipped" email, so I'll get to play with these extra functions soon. 

After I try it, I'll let you know what I think. 

:-)

PS: I should add being able to use whatever it is on both Windows and Mac (without extra cost) was important to me. When the Windows machine is tied up rendering, I can use the Mac to still work on edits. It won't handle Fusion or other fancy stuff but I can get a start on things, at least, so that makes a difference in my choices.

3 Years Ago by nelm2010

Reading This Topic