Anyone Want a Challenge?

Posted By jessicalcrichton 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jessicalcrichton
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
So, it's a LONG story (literally a story) but I need to attach a mechanical spider to a helicopter blade via a chain so it can fly. I've been trying to link them all, but the links all fly apart when I try that. I'm NOT good at the physics of all this, so I could sure use some help, please! I'm exhausted after working on it all night, and have to go to my actual job tonight, so I'm going to post this now, go to bed, and hope y'all have replied by the time I get home from work tomorrow morning. I am SURE you smart people can figure this out, right? RIGHT?

Here are some screenshots to help. THANK YOU!

This is it all together before I hit "play" This is how I want to attach it. The blade is under the spider because the chain shape requires that at the moment.

This is what it does when I hit "play". There is no animation on it at the moment. (Turning the blades and making them the part that actually flies is still a bridge I haven't crossed yet. Oi.)

This is the linkage so far. No idea what I'm doing wrong. There WERE "point to point" links between them, but I thought they may be the reason it was going wonky, so I deleted them. They didn't seem to do anything either way.

Thank you for your patience with this n00b! And now I'm going to BED! Goodnight!

Reading This Topic