Profile Picture

ARkit Blendshapes not transferring out correctly?

Posted By songbird.acoustic 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
songbird.acoustic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (137 reputation)Junior Member (137 reputation)Junior Member (137 reputation)Junior Member (137 reputation)Junior Member (137 reputation)Junior Member (137 reputation)Junior Member (137 reputation)Junior Member (137 reputation)Junior Member (137 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
When I check my blend shapes in iClone and Character creator, it works perfect.
As soon as I export these to 3DXchange or UE4 some of the blendshapes are not the same.
It seems to be the 4 blend shapes linked to the Jaw, Jaw_open seems to close from the side instead of opening?
Video for reference - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6WOfmyraH4
Bassline303
Bassline303
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Jaw open and eye rotation are bone controlled ( you have to rotate bones to set it )  ,  but you can export "Mouth open" as morph in the export settings.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7fc70ab2-62f4-4be8-af76-3b40.jpg
songbird.acoustic
songbird.acoustic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (137 reputation)Junior Member (137 reputation)Junior Member (137 reputation)Junior Member (137 reputation)Junior Member (137 reputation)Junior Member (137 reputation)Junior Member (137 reputation)Junior Member (137 reputation)Junior Member (137 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
This makes sense thanks for clarifying
Nothing else using ARkit I have tried in the past has worked this way before, the shapes have always included eye and jaw movement that correspond with the ARkit docs
I can make a custom blueprint to link both bone movement and the blendshape to correct this now I understand what's going on
Thanks for the help

Reading This Topic