avi output mask question

Posted By acme661 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
acme661
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (559 reputation)Veteran Member (559 reputation)Veteran Member (559 reputation)Veteran Member (559 reputation)Veteran Member (559 reputation)Veteran Member (559 reputation)Veteran Member (559 reputation)Veteran Member (559 reputation)Veteran Member (559 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 14 Years Ago
Hi guys,

The discription of the software on the web site reads:

"Create your Alpha Video (.AVI) for use with any other Video Editors- Final Cut, Premiere, After Effects, Sony Vegas, Camtasia Studio, etc... popVideo Converter allows you to output in popular AVI format for you to further enhance your projects with other third-party software. "

Could somone please tell me how i would "enhance my video projects" with pop video converter and my own software exactly? What would i use the mask avi. output for? Thanks in advance.

Mark.

peteradam6
peteradam6
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Film the element against a plain "green screen". popVideo Converter can then automatically "knock out" all the green parts of every frame, and then easily make the resulting video usable inside iClone. Complete with transparency where the green bits were. This process works with video camera files, or with video files rendered using animation software such as Poser.

You could then replace a moving element in a real-life video scene (e.g.: a car travelling down a road toward the camera) by overlaying it with a motion-matched popVideo clip.

| iClone 5 Pro | 3DXchange 4 Pro | popVideo Converter 2 | CrazyTalk 6 Pro | CrazyTalk Animator Pro |
Edited
14 Years Ago by peteradam6
acme661
acme661
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (559 reputation)Veteran Member (559 reputation)Veteran Member (559 reputation)Veteran Member (559 reputation)Veteran Member (559 reputation)Veteran Member (559 reputation)Veteran Member (559 reputation)Veteran Member (559 reputation)Veteran Member (559 reputation)

Last Active: 14 Years Ago
Thanks for the reply, but i really wanted to know what the mask avi ouput could do for me. I am confused about its purpose and what i could do with it. Thanks again for any info.

Mark.

mmhbcn
mmhbcn
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)

Last Active: 12 Years Ago
Seems the guys who wrote "allows you to output in popular AVI format for you to further enhance your projects with other third-party software" are too busy now to come up with one or two practical examples of that sales-increasing statement.
DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Hello Good People...

I believe the implementation of the mask system explanatory (Though I have not yet fully read up on nor tried the software addition referred to...) is trying to explain a similar output as this. Many have done better examples. This is a raw rough and ready scan on my part with a BG video, Me in the outer layer and Thi Mai (pr. tea-MY  Tongue Just for Dulci!!!) in the middle layer. I err'd by leaving a grad BG for Thi Mai.

The idea behind this was to see how the BG video handled being peered at through two other layers. Armstrong.

Link=
TEACHING THI MAI TO TALK...

Edited
11 Years Ago by Armstrong
DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

OK! Well, I just read up on popVideo Converter, and it's a self explanatory Video-Transparency tool. I didnt know you could also soften the edges of trans'd footage nor remove migration transparency from the target subject which is superb. That issue alone foxed me when I was waorking on the above project.
These two elements to the video world I expect are what feathering is to the stills.
S'a cute bit of kit. Bit like Thi Mai really. Hehe

Armstrong.

mmhbcn
mmhbcn
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)Senior Member (391 reputation)

Very well, Armstrong. Anything about the avi mask output?
DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I assumed the initial thred start implied an innocent inability to understand the purpose or implementation of masked AVI output. Taking it that the initialiser therefore is not sarchasm nailing a grammatical misuse, mask output, if we're differentiating from a transparentised BG within a fixed single element avi's content and layered OVER other interacting avi layers as oppposed to justt he mask with a transparentised selected content transparency the above applies.

Assuming the mask output creates a space which will display content BENEATH and through it and the outer remains opaque for some reason .... the first thing that comes to mind is the James Bond dancing girl silhouette of fire dancing against a black BG potential.
No def. to the girl dancing just the flames through her silhouette.

Else.... I dont know.
What?

I thought original Question was "Could somone please tell me how i would "enhance my video projects" with pop video converter and my own software exactly? What would i use the mask avi. output for?"
Masked output destroys anything that isnt the point of interest; Isolates the desired focal point. Creates an element of surreality in reality or keeps reality amidst layered surreality. Whadayawannado?

The software Studios I use all have masking ability across the entire spectral range, but for those who dont have this luxury this software appears superb.

Upon contemplation, this software actually far outpaces the studios I use because neither of my apps have the ability to kill migratory blips of trans. nor soften edges to "feather in" the new content. Crazy

In truth I'm grateful to Acme for bringing this up because I didnt know this functionality even existed at this level and Ill see if I can efficiently incorporate it into my projects here on after purely on the handleability of Masked output for layering.

Armstrong.

mmhbcn
mmhbcn
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks for your answer, Armstrong.
As I understand, the initial Acme's post points to the fact that the product description does not mention "mask" as the one and only .avi output you can get with PopVC. When such a point is not stated, possible buyers are enticed to believe that this product allows something more or less close to that:

http://ae.tutsplus.com/tutorials/workflow/welcome-cs5-an-intro-to-the-new-roto-brush/
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
popVideo Converter 2 is primarily a utility to enable one click chromakeying for use with iClone4/WidgetCast. This is why the main output option is .popvideo format. The AVI mask output is there for further refining of the mask video in an external video editor.

You can however use the original green screen video and the outputted Mask AVI video in your video editing software to create a new transparent background video if you wish.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic