saving, moving props with physics

Posted By woody173 3 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
woody173
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi I have created a prop with wheels on it and i finally got the thing to move has i wanted. 
But I created it in a blank project and now want to get it into my main project. My immediate thoughts were to save as a prop but came up with a problem.
Even though the physics wheels are attached to the cab only the cab moves and saves.
Is their some way of correcting this?
find attached a couple of images to show you what i mean

Has you can see the wheels dont seem to be attached and it says they are.
I could live with the fact that if i had to select all the items of the cab individually and move them together to get it to the next position. But i cant save as a prop and  put the whole thing in my project 
The wheel rotate motion is created with a physics hinge attached to a dummy with a spring physics
Now the only thing i can see is that a video i was watching on the blessed youtube shows the car they was using had a bone hierarchy and mine doesnt.
Would that make a difference? and if so how can i create bones for the wheels.
I am unfamiliar with bones in iclone but played a little bit with them some years ago in blender.

Thanks for your help I hope I explained my problem sufficiently.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d96a6b5c-71c4-451f-bd4d-6062.pnghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/be427c7d-5eb6-40a9-8fac-73c8.png

wires
wires
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Open the Scene Manager tap and make sure that your prop is selected:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6e1400ce-204b-47d0-bb45-5568.png

Click on the arrow to the left of the prop name to expand the parts list:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7f2093c6-98af-473c-9238-92bd.png

Everything that is attached to the main/base prop should be visible in the list. If anything is not included in the list, but is shown separate in the Scene Manager then it isn't attached 

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

matenn30
matenn30
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I'm looking forward to the carriage. When selling If it is cheaper than the price, you may purchase it according to your own policy on the 26th. I'm looking forward to maket place.
馬車は楽しみです。販売する場合値段により安ければ26日自分のポリシーで購入する場合があります。maket place楽しみです。
This comment is bilingual in Japanese and English.
このコメントは日英2か国語です。

The forum is an amateur.
フォーラムは素人です。

woody173
woody173
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Yeh everything is attached but no joy im assuming it needs to be saved as an iprop but i dont know how to do that
Thanks
woody173
woody173
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Sorry the translation is not very good. Do you want to buy it, because i was only using it for my own project. Im not sure if i can sell it but I would gladly give it to you for free if it is of any help.
We all need to help each other if we can.

Thats my motto

wires
wires
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
If everything is attached and you have the prop selected in the Scene then just switch to the Props section in the Content tab, press the + at the bottom right and the prop will be added to your Custom props folder where you can name it to whatever you need.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5ea89062-d411-4541-8ac8-4f2c.png

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

animagic
animagic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 36 minutes ago
woody, could you show what it looks like in the Scene Manager?

As you can see from Gerry's screenshot, the top level is the Physics dummy with everything else attached to that, both the body mesh and the wheels.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

woody173
woody173
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I got rid of all the physics in the end and was going to just rotate the wheels manually but i dont really like the result as the animation seems to stop and start after the first 100mframes. Im still looking into it so ill get back to you all once i try it again. Also once i have the physics working how can I stop them rotating when the vehicle stops. Their is no constraint keyframe on the timeline. But as I say i dont give up easily so ill let you know what the outcome is once ive reworked the problem. Thanks guys
really appreciate the help

woody173
woody173
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I got rid of all the physics in the end and was going to just rotate the wheels manually but i dont really like the result as the animation seems to stop and start after the first 100mframes. Im still looking into it so ill get back to you all once i try it again. Also once i have the physics working how can I stop them rotating when the vehicle stops. Their is no constraint keyframe on the timeline. But as I say i dont give up easily so ill let you know what the outcome is once ive reworked the problem. Thanks guys
really appreciate the help

woody173
woody173
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi guys scived off work for a bit to see if these suggestions worked and VOILA it did!!!!!.
Thank you so much . I now have a vehicle with physics.....my first attempt too. I am hoping this will become a regular occurance.
Just to mention it wasnt completely my fault. The video tutorial from iclone i watched on youtube did fail to mention the body dummy should be top of the heirachy

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k965Zi3Wbe6axgR-z3JjtM8JFtkkY4o0/view?usp=sharing
Many thanks again

Edited
3 Years Ago by woody173

Reading This Topic