Product Reviews

Posted By Lord Ashes 3 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Lord Ashes
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Most of the time when customers purchase my Reallusion Marketplace content they don't leave a review. That means that the few reviews that I do get are rather important because they contribute to my product rating.

The issue that I have come across it that two customers have purchased one of my contents (Physics Enabled Cable) which is a little tricky to use but once you manage it, it can accomplish content that is hard to do otherwise. Because they were unable to use it correctly, instead of contacting me and seeing if it is an actual issue or if they are just using it wrong, they left reviews of one star and comments which are not correct (i.e. comments like "you can use it to to this" when I just posted a video that clearly shows it is possible). This not only drops my overall rating because I have so few reviews but there isn't even an opportunity for the creator to respond back to review (unlike the Q&A section). If the review has to stay then I would at least like to respond to the review and indicated that it seems the customer did not read the provided instructions and thus were not able to achieve their desired vision but that vision is actually possible.

If the review has said something like "it may be possible to achieve results with this content but it is difficult to do so", I take it because that would be a true statement. I am aware that the product is not easy to use (and there isn't much I can do about that because what makes it hard to use is what gives it is flexibility). However, stating that you can't do something specific with it when I have generated a quick video showing it can be done, doesn't seem fair.

I wish people had more patience and PMed the creator of the content when they have issues before immediately jumping to giving a poor review.

Is there anything that can be done about such reviews?   

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

I agree,   in fact,  I really don't want to make stuff for the store any more because of it. Getting a bad rating because the uploader defaults to a version of iclone that doesn't exist.  not cool when I can fix it fast but the user didn't get to try the "Trial" lol. getting a bad rating because someone didn't try something on a trial enabled item,  and realizing they could have done it...not cool  -  RL is actually my favorite developer,  and they get ripped apart for stupid stuff with bad ratings.

Honestly,  their ratings game should be abused so they get a clear picture of why it shouldn't exist.  I may just downvote this post in support! w00t

Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

In my opinion, one possible work around would be to introduce developer comments on the review section (like they have for the comments section). This would not change the star rating if someone gives a low rating but at least the developer could write a response to address a low rating. In my case, for example, I would be able to write that what the customer was trying to do is possible (as seen in the newly added video) but the customer failed to read the instructions properly and thus their attempt failed. This way, if a customer actually looked at the reviews they would see that the low review was likely unfair.

A best solution would be for the developer to be able to challenger and remove unfair reviews but I think such a solution would be much more difficult to implement since it would likely require review by a third party. 

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast

Reading This Topic