Profile Picture

Is there a way to customize clothing through the deletion and joining of vertices?

Posted By Adrian.EXE 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Is there a way to customize clothing through the deletion and joining...

Author
Adrian.EXE
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (90 reputation)New Member (90 reputation)New Member (90 reputation)New Member (90 reputation)New Member (90 reputation)New Member (90 reputation)New Member (90 reputation)New Member (90 reputation)New Member (90 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hello everyone, 

Is there a way to create customized clothing through the deleting and joining of vertices in CC3? I know I can do something similar to that in blender, but I don't want to import my character into blender until I can figure out why both of her eye occlusions are completely white. I want to be able to combine the hoodie and the sash from the essential clothing pack to create a type of cloak. Here is a picture for reference: 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dcbee3a9-5289-4778-b3c9-90b3.png 
Any hints would be appreciated. Thanks.
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
CC is not a mesh editing app like Blender. So no, it is not possible to do it in CC.
But you should not care how eyes or anything else appear in Blender.

You use it only to customize a cloth and bring it back to CC. You then save the customized cloth in CC, apply back your original character and apply newly saved cloth to it.
Then fix cloth materials.

Or export amended cloth only from Blender, import that cloth to CC as an accessory and then Transfer Skin Weight.

Either way work just fine.

Edited
3 Years Ago by 4u2ges

Reading This Topic