Profile Picture

Character turning when joining animation clips together

Posted By cruisingwithdean 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
cruisingwithdean
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (82 reputation)New Member (82 reputation)New Member (82 reputation)New Member (82 reputation)New Member (82 reputation)New Member (82 reputation)New Member (82 reputation)New Member (82 reputation)New Member (82 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi,

Can someone please assist as I cant find a solution?
I am having trouble with animation clips.  My character is facing the X axis and when I import an animation from Mixamo via 3dXchange, the new animation makes the character point -X axis.  I cant seem to turn it around without affecting the previous animation.

I have tried the options under Animation>Motion Setting Options but these have not made any dfference. Im not sure if they are working properly.
I have tried right clicking on the animation strip in the timeline Reset Pivot and Align to Previous Motion layer but no success.

Please, how do I stop my character from turning the other direction when I add a second animation to them ??

Dean
michaelrbarton
michaelrbarton
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
I converted over 2300 Mixamo animations for use in iClone 6 and 7. You can download from my Youtube video link for free.
Did you try using the Mixamo motion the way you want to start it and then use collect clip and save the new motion. It may start the way you want it to.
michaelrbarton
michaelrbarton
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
When you see a motion in Mixamo, most of the time you have the option to mirror the same motion. In other words, if you download a motion to the left, the mirrored will go to the right.
Go to Mixamo again, and see if you can mirror the motion you are having trouble with.
argus1000
argus1000
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Under the animation tab, there is a "Motion settings options" tab. Check the "Align to actor orientation" option before you set up your clips on the timeline..

My latest movie THE GOLDEN MAN, and a few othershttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIl1EqVCKitZzLqaNnLK0BA
Edited
3 Years Ago by argus1000
cruisingwithdean
cruisingwithdean
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (82 reputation)New Member (82 reputation)New Member (82 reputation)New Member (82 reputation)New Member (82 reputation)New Member (82 reputation)New Member (82 reputation)New Member (82 reputation)New Member (82 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thank you.  these should be very helpful and timesaving.

Have a great day.

Dean

Reading This Topic